CCO

Old Timer
Aug 5, 2011
Cambridge ON
VetteCoins
Car
2006 vert, 1994 vert
Along with the ECS superchareger that Manny installed, he also installed my RaceMesh Grill in my GS. Took some pics today after a cleanup and waxing and thought I'd share them with you.

I used a spray cleaner and wax combo for now which worked very well in the cold temps -- and will finish off the job in the next day or 2 with a coat of REJEX

After all the excitement of the supercharger install, I had a closer look at the RaceMesh work and it's very nice....no doubt Manny made it look good with his install and deft hand but I'm really impressed with the mesh quality, fitment, and overall look.

I also took pics of the side 'Shark Gills' that have no mesh but I'm thinking of having them installed too since there is a kit available for them.

Opinions of that install please......I'm pretty sure it'll look nice and add to the RaceMesh theme but I'd like your opinion and pics if you have them installed.

No pics of wheels, tires, wheel wells, or lower rockers -- not done detailing those yet.

It was a little cold (about +2 to +3) so I didn't finish the job but will soon. I want to try the Rejex I bought recently -- It is reputed to be a very good product.

Here are the few pics I took today:

Comments welcome.

Cheers,
Colin

mini-IMG_0007_zps0f5f9a27.jpg

mini-IMG_0006_zpsc7e9c22c.jpg

mini-IMG_0005_zpsdf10a7fb.jpg

mini-IMG_0004_zpsda91a04a.jpg

mini-IMG_0003_zps4697b483.jpg

mini-IMG_0002_zpsc8414680.jpg

mini-IMG_0001_zps91a0bee9.jpg

Looks great Colin. While your at it, you might as well make it all the same. Greg has it in the side gills and it gives it a nice finish.

Thanks Rob -- I'm going to drop a couple hints to Marg and maybe she'll give Manny a call for help getting them. Got to wait 'til August tho for b/day.

Looks good Colin......Your ready to roll for Spring :)

I just waxed mine last weekend :)...

Ready to cruise Peter -- :coolgleam:

Once the weather warms up and my summer tires start gripping again, I'll get a better idea of the bump in power. I drove it home yesterday from Manny's very carefully, and today it was nice so I warmed it up driving it over to Mom's for a Sunday visit, came home and cleaned and waxed it.
Don't want to drive it too much -- lots of salt on the roads which will collect on the underside ..

I have to go back to Manny's for the Dashtronix display interface probably this week if it's nice but that'll be it until we get a good rain.

Cheers, guys
Colin

I really like it. Looks clean like a factory option.:thumbup:

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

I like it.........lots.....that front mesh looks awesome....I've been thinking of going with some mesh as well.

Thanks guys -- Manny did a fine job up front and I'll get him to do the gills and the nose piece when I get them.
RaceMesh makes a fine product and their service and shipping are excellent too.

Colin.

the grille is a sharp looking unit colin :coolgleam: dunno about the side vents though, how difficult would it be to clean them of road debris ??? doug.

Good question Doug -- I must admit that I hadn't considered "debris" entering that small cavity.....

I have released the bottom of those fender panels while trial fitting aftermarket splash guards and cf gill Grand Sport. and know that doing so is fairly easy. Believe it or not that panel is fastened at the bottom with nothing more than plastic clips!! Go figure.

As to whether debris might collect in there......probably to some extent but I can't see it being a deal breaker......and, come to think of it, it might stop the mice and small varmints nesting in there -- lol something like the chicken wire I put around Marg's veggie garden...----
.......hmmmmm chicken wire.....now that's not stainless but hey it's cheap.

Ja think anyone would notice? Let's keep this btw you and me. I think I might have discovered a cheap mod and on a vette that's all but impossible.

nice chattin' Doug .

C.:leaving:

Last edited:
Looks very nice and it gives your car a more aggressive look to it...I always loved these mesh kits....What are you going to do with all that power Colin ? Are you going to Race Manny !!! Cause I want to see...:D

I love Crystal red .I also notice the vett is a full car length ahead of the Ford :D

Thanks Steve, I'm partial to all reds but especially Crystal Red -- It's not everyone's cup of tea but I love it .......

I quick waxed the car yesterday and started to apply some RejeX this afternoon to see how well it handled a cold application.
It went very well -- No doubt it would have dried quicker in warmer temps but it did dry fine after a few minutes and came off and buffed up nicely.

I took one more pic this afternoon just of the rear facing section to show the great colour. Unfortunately the lighting was iffy and pic turned out just as iffy--Passable so I'll post it, but it doesn't show the luster that the Rejex left behind over the spray wax.
Still looks good tho, and for those who have not used their Rejex yet rest assured that it goes on easy and comes off easy leaving a clean lustrous shine.
Longevity remains to be seen but it is reputed to be relatively long lasting compared to other products.

Here's all I have done with the Rejex so far:

LOL the chevy is surrounded by Fords: Marg's little Fiesta behind and the Taurus beside it...They all get along famously but the chev has 'broad shoulders' and holds its own quite nicely...:D

mini-IMG_0003_zpseb111bc0.jpg

Last edited:
Looks very nice and it gives your car a more aggressive look to it...I always loved these mesh kits....What are you going to do with all that power Colin ? Are you going to Race Manny !!! Cause I want to see...:D

Thanks Danny -- Would be nice to get a track time maybe once to see what she'll do......Um Manny has plans of his own for his car which may surprise everyone, I"ll let him explain all that but once he's done let's just say it'll be a step above what it is now -- So his power will be up and his suspension is top notch afermarket too -- so way ahead of mine really in terms of all round performance....Not to worry -- I didn't s/charge to go racing -- just to have the power and know it's there.
Sure it'll produce big hp but that doesn't mean I have to use it and in most cases it won't be practical to use it unless on a track (to my mind) but some of the extra power will come in handy for every day maneuvers such as passing and merging........

No doubt I'll 'sample' the power at times just to see what to expect, but practically speaking and from a traction view, having power to break the tires loose at high speeds isn't the safest thing to do.
Will extra OOMPH under the hood I"ll have to be careful and keep my wits about me.

It'll be an interesting experience -- and could be a difficult one but one I'm up to and looking forward to.
I have to say that driving school is a possibility -- That's definitely on my list of to-do's.

Whether or not I go to the track for a 1/4 mile time remains to be seen. Also on my to-do list as number 2.:D

C.

the grille is a sharp looking unit colin :coolgleam: dunno about the side vents though, how difficult would it be to clean them of road debris ??? doug.

I'm going to find out Doug -- I ordered them yesterday on the promise that they are my b/day present......

Esthetically they should be fine -- Practically speaking we'll see -- I think they'll be ok.

Glad you like 'em.

C.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.