Apr 3, 2024
VetteCoins
Car
22’ C8 Corvette 2LT
Province
NB
So I purchased a Quickjack 7000TL from Costco, arriving tomorrow , for $1499 + tax on sale … great deal

However , just realized that it won’t reach front & back jackpoints on my C8. My bad for not paying close enough attention. But easily returned, tomorrow.

So now I’m after a 5000,6000 or 7000 TLX , but ouch, can’t find a deal anywhere. The 5000tlx is available at Walmart USA for $1575 .. which would be about $2500 Canadian all in for me and an hour drive to pick it up.

Any other options anyone is aware of, with shipping to NB ? In Canada …..

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: 1st Vette
So I purchased a Quickjack 7000TL from Costco, arriving tomorrow , for $1499 + tax on sale … great deal

However , just realized that it won’t reach front & back jackpoints on my C8. My bad for not paying close enough attention. But easily returned, tomorrow.

So now I’m after a 5000,6000 or 7000 TLX , but ouch, can’t find a deal anywhere. The 5000tlx is available at Walmart USA for $1575 .. which would be about $2500 Canadian all in for me and an hour drive to pick it up.

Thanks in advance
Two lengths of 2x4 hardwood. Or 2x6 . Cheap, easy and effective.

On top of the 7000tl ?
Just place them against the frame and then the lift points on the “ hoist “ go against the bottom of the 2x6 . Very solid very cheap. Not like it’s something you’d be doing that often. Saves packaging it up for return and getting another unit. I always have been a fan of the KISS principle. ;)

Reactions: vacek
Just place them against the frame and then the lift points on the “ hoist “ go against the bottom of the 2x6 . Very solid very cheap. Not like it’s something you’d be doing that often. Saves packaging it up for return and getting another unit. I always have been a fan of the KISS principle. ;)
Appreciate that

If I took my $100,000.00 plus car to a mechanic that said, "my hoist is too short I'll just use a couple a 2 x 6's to shim it up", I think I would run away!
Quick Jack will sell you basically the same thing for $380 USD . The lift point on the 7000 TL is only a couple of inches off at the most. The hardwood 2x6 would work just as well. He’s not going to a “ shop “ this is in his own garage. Big difference . Frame Extensions (https://www.quickjack.com/frame-extensions/)

Last edited:

Thanks in advance

Ordered a 7000tlx , just so I and everyone thinking about it can sleep better tonight :)

Costco is a simple return of the tl

Appreciate the reply’s, but don’t want to addd parts and pieces to make it work

I have a QuickJack box #3 for sale -includes literally everthing except the lift frames-still in original box-never even unpacked -sent to replace damaged first shipment which i finally had repaired then replacement box showed up months later -make an offer-useless to me. Make a reasonable offer and pick it up- -$550??-Barrie Ont. Reply [email protected]

Ordered a 7000tlx , just so I and everyone thinking about it can sleep better tonight :)

Costco is a simple return of the tl

Appreciate the reply’s, but don’t want to addd parts and pieces to make it work
Besides the extra weight and money, the extensions reduce the clearance for lining the jacks and vehicle lift points up. Especially if you have lift pucks on your car.
Where did you buy your TLX’s?
Why don’t they sell these in Canada?
What was the shipping cost, import duty and taxes?

Have you looked here?
Screenshot 2024-06-17 at 10.29.19 AM.png

Besides the extra weight and money, the extensions reduce the clearance for lining the jacks and vehicle lift points up. Especially if you have lift pucks on your car.
Where did you buy your TLX’s?
Why don’t they sell these in Canada?
What was the shipping cost, import duty and taxes?
I have lift pucks, and also didnt like the idea of buying a car lift, then have to buy extra parts to make it work. So why not just buy one all intact, that fits my car and SUV's without fussing about with extensions, etc.

I purchased mine on sale at Walmart.com ( link ) (shipped and sold by Bendpak Inc. They shipped it out within 24 hours of purchase)

Free shipping in the USA, I have a shipping depot in Maine I ship too, as I'm only ~1 hour drive away.

So I obviously paid exchange, and when I pick it up, I will be paying 15% HST coming back accross the border on the converted Canadian $ amount, but that is all. No duties or tariffs of any kind.

Shipping it to Canada, would be mega expensive, and you likely would get hit with brokerage fees & lord knows what else.

I have the 5000TL. It lines up perfect for my C5 and C6 but not so perfect with the C8. My son is an Audi Mechanic and he does all my work. He says its not problem with the C8 as he just lines it up more towards the rear for the rear weight biased C8. I've never looked at what he uses for a jacking point for the front. I'll ask him.

Paragon springs.jpg

I have lift pucks, and also didnt like the idea of buying a car lift, then have to buy extra parts to make it work. So why not just buy one all intact, that fits my car and SUV's without fussing about with extensions, etc.

I purchased mine on sale at Walmart.com ( link ) (shipped and sold by Bendpak Inc. They shipped it out within 24 hours of purchase)

Free shipping in the USA, I have a shipping depot in Maine I ship too, as I'm only ~1 hour drive away.

So I obviously paid exchange, and when I pick it up, I will be paying 15% HST coming back accross the border on the converted Canadian $ amount, but that is all. No duties or tariffs of any kind.

Shipping it to Canada, would be mega expensive, and you likely would get hit with brokerage fees & lord knows what else.

Thank you for that.

babco.ca in Mississauga say they are the Canadian Distributor of Quick Jacks but they have no TLX with no time frame on getting them 🤷🏻‍♂️.

Unfortunately I have no shipping depot in the US. Not very close to the border either 🤦‍♂️

Hopefully they arrive in Canada this summer.

Users who are viewing this thread