May 3, 2018
Aurora
VetteCoins
Car
2019 Stingray
The wife and I have been contemplating downsizing now that the brats kids have moved on out into their own places. One of the spots we've looked at pretty much has everything my little heart desires - including a large garage (insulated/heated/two car capable on each of the two sides, each with their own high-clearance door). The existing owner has a two post hoist in there, but he's taking it with him.

If we go for this house (wifey needs some convincing or possibly a large bribe!), I would love for the current owner to leave the hoist but that isn't going to happen. So, while looking around with my wish list, I spotted something called a "QuickJack" at Costco dot ca online store. It is powered by an electric-hydraulic power pack. Rated for 7,000 pounds. Four-point lifting. Reviews seem pretty good on it. It's about 1/4 to 1/3 the price of a two post hoist, and gets the wheels up off the floor by more than enough to do brakes, remove/replace wheels, slide under to change the oil (with added jackstands for safety, natch). Also available is a separate contact point / pad kit, for various other vehicles, including what looks like suitable jacking pads for a C7 'Vette. All in, with shipping, less than $1,700 pre-tax.

It seems the lifting pads in the picture immediately below come with the unit, and are for pickup trucks to support at the frame rail. The lifting pad adapter kit picture is immediately below the QuickJack image.

Before I jump on it, even if we don't end up buying the new house or moving, I wanted to see if any fellow forum members had any experience with this contraption.

Thanks!

L.L.C.

QuickJack1.JPG

QuickJack adaptors.JPG

My friend who bought my C5 has one and he says it's GREAT. Uses it for his C5 and he also has a Ram 1500 pickup that he lifts with it. He has offered to have me over when I'm due for an oil change but I'm going to have the car in AZ before the next change is due.

My son has a high end detailing shop and they have 3 of these units. He says they are awesome to get a vehicle up to a comfortable working height. Easy to operate, reliable and sturdy.

I believe this is sold right now at Costco for approximately $1100 (on sale). Uses electric motor to actuate 2 collapsible lifting platforms to raise your Vette to 2 different levels off the floor. It’s supposed to be completely collapsible & portable. Two different models available depending on how much weight u want to lift. Just going by what I have read. Do not have one & have not used one! Read about it on the Costco web sight & pay attention to the customer reviews!
Hope this helps.

I purchased the 5000slx model earlier this year and am very pleased with it. It makes working on my C7 and C3 corvettes much easier than using a floor jack and jack stands. Much more stable as well. I see Canadian Tire is selling them now for $1499, more expensive than Costco.

Thanks to all. I am planning to snag one while they're on sale - hopefully at the local Costco, through their online store if need be (I like to see the packaging on items like this before I pay for them at the register or get the truck at the door).

L.L.C.

Wish I had written down the model number Le Baron but for certain it was 5000 pounds capacity unit and they were $999.00 Canadian. Three boxes of goodies for each one.
Went on the Quick Jack site to check out models.
There are two models - 5000lb and 7000lb
Prices above are both the 5000lb model as that is what CT listed.
Will wait on a sale before making the leap

Checked them out yesterday
Can Tire - $1,499
In the CT west flyer starting today xl5000 is on sale @$1299. Buy it this saturday get an addition 20x ct cash or 8% bringing price to $1195!. Again i see this in the west flyer..may not be in east flyer

Just checked the ON flyer which starts Fri Nov 2. Same price & same ct $ bonus for Sat!

Reactions: frankmp
Reactions: Nik and ddgermann

Users who are viewing this thread