zoslick

Casual User
Mar 17, 2021
Markham, ON
VetteCoins
Province
ON
Hi Guys, I have some questions about my C8 that some of you might be able to answer? My specs are: 2021 HTC Z51 2LT

1) Can we lock the doors without needing to use the FOB/remote? Like, is there an invisible button somewhere on the door that we can touch/press and it would lock the doors? I have this locking feature on my other cars but I can't seem to locate it on the Vette.

2) Are there different levels of exhaust volumes? When I press the "Z" button, I notice the exhaust gets louder, but I read somewhere online that there should be 3 levels of volume?

3) When I go into Track Mode, I noticed the steering wheel gets 'heavier' or 'tighter', is this supposed to happen?

4) Can the FOB/remote close the Hard Top besides opening it?

Thanks for all your input in advance! I've had my Vette for over a year but I seldomly drive it or explore its features. I've checked online for answers but I couldn't seem to come across anything.

Doug

Hi Guys, I have some questions about my C8 that some of you might be able to answer? My specs are: 2021 HTC Z51 2LT

1) Can we lock the doors without needing to use the FOB/remote? Like, is there an invisible button somewhere on the door that we can touch/press and it would lock the doors? I have this locking feature on my other cars but I can't seem to locate it on the Vette.
Yesa, it's on the door. RTFM ;)
2) Are there different levels of exhaust volumes? When I press the "Z" button, I notice the exhaust gets louder, but I read somewhere online that there should be 3 levels of volume?
Yes, It's programmable. RTFM ;)

3) When I go into Track Mode, I noticed the steering wheel gets 'heavier' or 'tighter', is this supposed to happen?
Yes, it's programmable. RTFM ;)
I believe so, but I have a coupe. RTFM ;)

Thanks for all your input in advance! I've had my Vette for over a year but I seldomly drive it or explore its features. I've checked online for answers but I couldn't seem to come across anything.

Doug

The manual does have all your answers, but come back if you can't find the answers in the manual. I needed to explore the car as I'm the kind that has to touch everything to understand things.

• Haha
Reactions: zoslick
As my wife would tell me- just like a man, doesn’t read the instructions! 😂
The only additional info to Murray’s answers are that the steering will be heavier in track mode but can’t be changed -you can program the settings of My Mode and Z51 button. The quietest exhaust setting is still loud, and you can’t change the start up revving and loudness- so your neighbours will hate you if they are close and you decide to drive in the middle of the night

Reactions: CTRL_CV and zoslick

Doug
Number 1. Yes there is a setting you can program to lock your doors and fold the wing mirrors in after about 30 seconds when you leave the vehicle.

2. You can open and close the baffles depending on the drive mode you select. You can only customize it in My Mode I think. I try to have it as loud as possible. I don’t care about my neighbours.

3. Yes

4. No.

Bonus. You can customize your gauge cluster to be independent of the drive mode you select. In other words, you can set the display to show the track cluster while in tour mode.

Number 1. Yes there is a setting you can program to lock your doors and fold the wing mirrors in after about 30 seconds when you leave the vehicle.

2. You can open and close the baffles depending on the drive mode you select. You can only customize it in My Mode I think. I try to have it as loud as possible. I don’t care about my neighbours.

3. Yes

4. No.

Bonus. You can customize your gauge cluster to be independent of the drive mode you select. In other words, you can set the display to show the track cluster while in tour mode.
Yesa, it's on the door. RTFM ;)

Yes, It's programmable. RTFM ;)

Yes, it's programmable. RTFM ;)

I believe so, but I have a coupe. RTFM ;)

The manual does have all your answers, but come back if you can't find the answers in the manual. I needed to explore the car as I'm the kind that has to touch everything to understand things.
Research The First Mission? I use to get in trouble with these acronyms when writing emails. I would use STFU for Start The Follow Up and WTF for Where’s The File.

Question about the new black forged 20 spoke rims… does anyone know if they come with black lug nuts?
Doesn't it say in the docs? I haven't followed the any of the options since I bought mine, but I remember in the documentation provided by my dealer it said what lug nuts came with what wheels.
Edit: My black wheels came with black lugnuts so I'd expect the same with those wheels

Doesn't it say in the docs? I haven't followed the any of the options since I bought mine, but I remember in the documentation provided by my dealer it said what lug nuts came with what wheels.
Edit: My black wheels came with black lugnuts so I'd expect the same with those wheels
Thanks for the reply. I cannot find the info anywhere. I sent a note to my dealer in Newmarket which is new roads and I am waiting for a reply. I also asked Rick Conti to look into it. I have read where a few owners thought they are black and silver lugs showed up.

• Informative
Reactions: Murray20c8
The build and price site shows black lugs
1657632238210.png

Reactions: HHL - VETTE

Doug
Call me, I will walk you through it. 905.252.7198

Doug
Doug, you need to drive that car. There are good YT reviews on these topics .

As my wife would tell me- just like a man, doesn’t read the instructions! 😂
The only additional info to Murray’s answers are that the steering will be heavier in track mode but can’t be changed -you can program the settings of My Mode and Z51 button. The quietest exhaust setting is still loud, and you can’t change the start up revving and loudness- so your neighbours will hate you if they are close and you decide to drive in the middle of the night
You are so right...cold starts are noisy (what fun). My solution is to leave the garage door shut until (10 seconds or so) the beastly idle drops to a much quieter level. Happy Motoring!

Doug
First off Doug, you have to drive it every bloody day like me. Okay, I am retired. My new SUV sits in the drive way until fall/winter or unless it is raining. You can set Z mode My Mode (?) by using settings, I believe? It's been a while since I set them up. Every mode has a different exhaust note as per the selector as well as when you set-up My Mode or Z you can set the exhaust note to Track, if you want? Enjoy the car!!
About the doors - I think you need to use the fob - not sure on that one?

Doug
Here you go!

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.