Low chances.

If you were picked up in February then you likely had a TPW of May or June before the strike. That would have put it shipping and delivered a month later from what we've seen so far. But the strike has put a wrench into everything so likely end of summer delivery if the plant opens in April and that's very doubtful. I could be wrong here though...

Under the present and projected Covid conditions, I would think delivery late summer at the earliest if it were me. I just can't see conditions improving much in the next three months the way things are going south of the border. If Trump and the State authorities expect to flatten the curve, which unfortunately is getting steeper by leaps and bounds in the US daily, they need to take considerably more drastic measures than they have. JMHO

I’m at 3000, my original TPW was mid may
I'm also at 3000 with a TPW of late May, I don't except this to go well late summer if at all and now that the 2021 workbench is being released I'm sure they want to get back to a normal production cycle starting in September. My 2c

Low chances.

If you were picked up in February then you likely had a TPW of May or June before the strike shutdown to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. That would have put it shipping and delivered a month later from what we've seen so far. But the strike has put a wrench into everything so likely end of summer delivery if the plant opens in April and that's very doubtful. I could be wrong here though...

FIFY

Great catch Eric! Sorry I didn't mean strike...but had a train of thought about overall delays.

If you were picked up in February then you likely had a TPW of May or June before the shutdown to prevent the spread of Covid-19. That would have put it shipping and delivered a month later from what we've seen so far. But the shutdown has put a wrench into everything so likely end of summer delivery if the plant opens in April and that's very doubtful. I could be wrong here though...

Reactions: EJChevy
Hey Eric, my vert was at 3000 with a TPW of April 6th. before COVID happened. I know the whole timetable is out the window now. But do you think that my vert will be a 2021 and I should basically forget about driving a 2020 anytime this summer? Also, any idea what happens in this case? Do they automatically put me into a 2021, do I have to reorder everything? What about any potential price protection for guys like us?

Do you think that my vert will be a 2021 and I should basically forget about driving a 2020 anytime this summer?

At this time, it's safe to assume your TPW will be pushed back as many weeks as the plant is closed. At this point, it's three weeks, so Apr 6 is now Apr 27. I cannot gurantee this is how it will work as everything is up in the air right now. No one really knows what's going to happen.

Also, any idea what happens in this case? Do they automatically put me into a 2021, do I have to reorder everything?

If you don't get a 2020, then you should be given the option to move your order to a 2021. You may choose to get your deposit back if you don't want to have a 2021. Yes, you will have to 're-order' as the options for the 2021 may differ from the 2020.

What about any potential price protection for guys like us?

There is a lot of talk around the internet about "price protection". Professionally, I believe that it's unlikely to happen. 2021 prices will be whatever GM sets them at, and these prices have likely already been planned years ahead of time. What you pay will be between you and your dealership. If someone was going to get a 2020 but end up not getting one, that's not really GM's fault. I hope I'm wrong and maybe GM does something super nice for its customers out of all of this craziness that's going on. They're getting an absolute battering with the release of the C8; first, the 5-week strike messing everything up and now the Pandemic. If GM does offer some special discount, that would be great. They might push back the start of the 2021 model year to try to get more people their 2020's, but that's a decision for them to make. We'll have to wait and see.

Answers in red above.

For me if I can’t get a 2020, my TPW was May 4, and there is a price increase for 2021 I think I will wait a few years before getting a C8. I have actually been looking around the area dealer websites for 2019 but haven’t seen much available. I guess we will all have to wait and see.

Brah,

If the line starts again on Star Wars day then the dates will all be pushed back 6 weeks. So a Mid May tpw will turn into a late June / Early July date. Then a couple of weeks to get to your dealer depending on location. But there may be constraints because of part shortages so everything will need to be reassigned

Brah,

Thanks Eric, I’ll have to expand my search area on the site.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.