Nik

Staff member
Power User
Administrator
Beta
Jan 11, 2009
VetteCoins
Folks,

Gentle reminder as I'm seeing a few of these popup and having to manually fix them. When you mark a thread as a question thread (checkbox on post new thread page) your thread is automagically converted to a Q&A thread. This implies that your first post is in fact a question and you are given the ability to rate each reply as the best answer. I'm seeing people post Question threads as actual answers or regular threads sans an actual question which is not the intent of this feature.

We default all threads in the Corvette Tech Questions forum to question threads (you can uncheck the this thread is a Question checkbox at creation time). In other forums you are given the option to mark it as a question at creation time (defaulted to non-question thread).

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: ddgermann
Not sure how guilty I am & Thank You for letting me know.
I will be more careful with thread creation ...
I'll pledge ignorance with it being a part of my iPhoneX upgrade 🤪

Reactions: Nik
Not sure how guilty I am & Thank You for letting me know.
I will be more careful with thread creation ...
I'll pledge ignorance with it being a part of my iPhoneX upgrade 🤪

Ignorance is my go to safe place too Spence 😂 I wasn't calling anyone out specifically just a reminder as I'd like to see this feature gain more traction if we can all help it.

• Agree
Reactions: YFCvii
Ignorance is my go to safe place too Spence 😂 I wasn't calling anyone out specifically just a reminder as I'd like to see this feature gain more traction if we can all help it.
I posted a Question for the "C7 roadside jacking height" ... have no idea if done to-the-intent (or not) but I did get answers :angelic:

Reactions: Nik
I posted a Question for the "C7 roadside jacking height" ... have no idea if done to-the-intent (or not) but I did get answers :angelic:

That's actually not a Q&A thread per se. You used the question prefix which is perfectly fine but you didn't mark it as a This is a Question thread when you created it via the little checkbox. Nothing wrong with that btw. I can always flip it to a Q&A thread for you so everyone can up vote the best replies.

Long as you get answers we're good. Don't want to make us all read manuals before posting 😭

Here's an actual Q&A one from some guy called Spence that's even been marked as answered 😉 just to show you the layout differences.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: YFCvii
Here's one an actual Q&A one from some guy called Spence that's even been marked an answered 😉 just to show you the layout differences.

Oh that Guy ... he obviously has no idea what he's doing ... probably just bug-eyed over vette coins. :angelic:

Users who are viewing this thread