BANNED
May 3, 2017
Calgary
VetteCoins
Car
2007 LeMans blue Z06
Province
AB
Hey guys. Sitting here wondering if any of you Quebec members live near the city of St Jean de Richelieu ?

if all goes right this upcoming summer,I’m planning a 4/5 day trip to see a childhood friend who lives there. His father and mine were both stationed at CFB Mont Apica and when my dad got transferred to CFB Currie Barracks here in Calgary,we lost touch.

His mother and mine kept in touch through phone calls and letters all those years (unknowingly on my part) until the early 2000’s when his Mom passed away.

Anyway,my trip is tentatively planned for the first week of September 2020.
The only thing we have scheduled is a day trip to the old base to roam the grounds and a visit to the Gilles Villeneuve Museum.

I’m hoping that this could work out and any opportunity to meet would be welcome as it would help complete a very special trip that I feel needs to happen.

More to come as Guy and I continue to text by phone almost daily.

1C07EEFB-B5D7-437A-B4A9-0F8B58151332.jpeg

When I spend time looking at this picture I found online,the memories that I have are overwhelming. More than I can explain on a forum. I really feel it’s ground I need to walk on again after 45 years.

Last edited:
I'm not in Quebec, but I'm not far away (compared to you guys!). I would consider joining.

If it si the first week of September, I would have to pass as I will be in Carlisle the weekend prior. Don't want to overbook myself.

As of now EJ,I’m looking at flying out of Calgary on a Saturday and returning on the following Thursday. The actual dates haven’t been set but it will be either late August or early September.

Guy has done well for himself over the years. Here’s a website of his business. Something that might appeal to any audiophiles among our CCF members.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread