Feb 22, 2023
Saskatchewan
VetteCoins
Car
70th Coupe Z51
Province
SK
Anybody have this issue on any of their windows, if so was it covered under warranty? Not my car in the photo but mine is similar, I don't think it looks very attractive 🤮

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-05-01 at 12.16.41 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-05-01 at 12.16.41 PM.png
    543.9 KB · Views: 0
Anybody have this issue on any of their windows, if so was it covered under warranty? Not my car in the photo but mine is similar, I don't think it looks very attractive 🤮
It looks like it's delaminating! That would be a safety and a warranty issue.

• Informative
Reactions: Murray20c8
IF it's only visible on certain angles and certain situations. If it's always visible I'd be concerned.
Generally most visible at 56 degree angle. I can see it in the side windows of my Tundra at a lot of different angles not just 56 degrees. Especially if the sun is hitting them .

Reactions: MKC8
If its daylight its visible but i don't want to look at it lol
Have you tinted your windows ? Might mitigate it somewhat. Just a guess.
But now that I look closer at that photo it appears you do have tint so maybe that makes it more noticeable. Bit of a conundrum, lol .

Generally most visible at 56 degree angle. I can see it in the side windows of my Tundra at a lot of different angles not just 56 degrees. Especially if the sun is hitting them .
I haven't seen it in any of my cars that I can remember.

I haven't seen it in any of my cars that I can remember.
I have tempered shatter shield safety glass panels in my greenhouse and can’t see any marks at any angle. Go figure. They used to be sliding balcony doors that came from an apartment building renovation a friend of mine had the contract for. Nice donation I must say. Substantial amounts of beer returned in appreciation.

I have tempered shatter shield safety glass panels in my greenhouse and can’t see any marks at any angle. Go figure. They used to be sliding balcony doors that came from an apartment building renovation a friend of mine had the contract for. Nice donation I must say. Substantial amounts of beer returned in appreciation.
Funny, if it's that common you'd think you'd see it more often. All car glass is laminated so I guess a certain percentage would have it visible. <shrug>

So you think a guy should have to live with it? 🤔
If you take it to the dealer and it's clearly visible you can argue the glass is delaminating, but they'll likely ask the GM district manager for their opinion and you'll likely be denied judging by the info 1stvette provided.

• Agree
My side windows have it, at certain angles and under the described conditions viewing angles and polarization, doesn't really bother me, and I just ignore it, as suggested by our resident "Pilkington Glass aficionado". Kudos to 1st Vette (also a glass nerd?).
Besides, I think it kinda looks like "camo windows", and I like camo.
If the dealership noticed it, and say it can be easily fixed at no cost to me, I'd probably say no.
The fewer hands tinkering with the hardware on my car in the shop, the better.
I will try to take the 2 gratis oil/filter changes, before they expire.
If you want to check on your warranty statuses, try this link, and sign in as your GM/Chevrolet account.
It's the Recalls and Warranty info site. (says Recalls but also shows warranty status by VIN.
Site Maintenance

Last edited:
Reactions: 1st Vette
Have you tinted your windows ? Might mitigate it somewhat. Just a guess.
You are absolutely right. Normally I cannot see it with the naked eye very well, but it shows on cameras and with my sun glasses. I have seen this with ceramic tint all all my last 4 vehicles that where tinted with XPEL CS.

When wearing my polarized sun glasses and I can see it in other cars on the highway as well with or without tint.

You are absolutely right. Normally I cannot see it with the naked eye very well, but it shows on cameras and with my sun glasses. I have seen this with ceramic tint all all my last 4 vehicles that where tinted with XPEL CS.

When wearing my polarized sun glasses and I can see it in other cars on the highway as well with or without tint.
I have noticed that as well when wearing sunglasses. Really stands out then.

I had them at one time but find they take too long to “ transition “ .
My optometrist/glasses lady said that the newer ones are much faster to react, and my new ones (18 months ago) do seem to be faster than the first Transitions pairs I got about a decade ago. Essilor has been improving the product?
EDIT: I always get the ones that polarize as they darken. Maybe that takes longer? There are types of Transitions lenses that don't polarize.

• Informative
Reactions: 1st Vette