Casual User
Sep 2, 2015
Trenton Ontario
VetteCoins
Car
1978 Silver Anni
Province
ON
I am in Eastern Ontario near Belleville and want to have my QJet rebuilt, I am not sure if it is original, the motor is just not sure if i should replace or have it refurbished. is there anyone in the area that would be recommended to do this?
Thanks for any feedback in advance.

Attachments

• 20230701_093427_HDR.jpg
    20230701_093427_HDR.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20230911_073519.jpg
    IMG_20230911_073519.jpg
    298.8 KB · Views: 0
Hello Lawrence. I might be a little late in responding but I've heard good things about The Carb Guys. their site says they are in Toronto but it's actually Oshawa.
If you do decide to go at it yourself there is Cliffs High Performance for parts , he also does some servicing of the carbs. he is in the states. Also Carbs Unlimited, also in the States. I believe Cliffs is preferable spot.
I'm not sure if replacement is a very good option. It appears that "new" Q jets are from off shore, look good but not the quality you would be happy with. Good luck and perhaps post what you do and how it works out. Take care.

Reactions: 12cents
Hello Lawrence. I might be a little late in responding but I've heard good things about The Carb Guys. their site says they are in Toronto but it's actually Oshawa.
If you do decide to go at it yourself there is Cliffs High Performance for parts , he also does some servicing of the carbs. he is in the states. Also Carbs Unlimited, also in the States. I believe Cliffs is preferable spot.
I'm not sure if replacement is a very good option. It appears that "new" Q jets are from off shore, look good but not the quality you would be happy with. Good luck and perhaps post what you do and how it works out. Take care.
Thanks for the reply. I am not an expert by any means so would prefer to go with someone with a sound knowledge of all the shortfalls and best way to avoid. I will let the forum know.
Truth be told i am surprised more people have not chimed in.

Thanks for the reply. I am not an expert by any means so would prefer to go with someone with a sound knowledge of all the shortfalls and best way to avoid. I will let the forum know.
Truth be told i am surprised more people have not chimed in.
Any speed shop can rebuild your carb. It's not hard. IS there no local racers that have a repair shop in your area?
I rebuilt my carbs several times. Even Amazon.ca sells the whole carb as well as kits.

I am in Eastern Ontario near Belleville and want to have my QJet rebuilt, I am not sure if it is original, the motor is just not sure if i should replace or have it refurbished. is there anyone in the area that would be recommended to do this?
Thanks for any feedback in advance.
Lawrence, I cannot help with a rebuilder, but I think it would be wise to determine if it is the original qjet. If you can read all the numbers off the carb, and post them here, the smart folks can tell you lots about it. -- Also about mbp's comment, I hope there are still a few of us C3 owners around. Mine (Odette the Vette) has a qjet, and I will be rebuilding it soon. I am still working on brakes that were neglected for 10 years.

Lawrence, I cannot help with a rebuilder, but I think it would be wise to determine if it is the original qjet. If you can read all the numbers off the carb, and post them here, the smart folks can tell you lots about it. -- Also about mbp's comment, I hope there are still a few of us C3 owners around. Mine (Odette the Vette) has a qjet, and I will be rebuilding it soon. I am still working on brakes that were neglected for 10 years.
Thanks for your comment, I am believe the C3 are the best looking vettes around, followed by the C2 they are so racy looking. the performance is not like the newer models but unless you are track running most of that is lost on the road so might as well look good if you can't go fast.

Reactions: 12cents
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.