Nik

Staff member
Power User
Administrator
Beta
Jan 11, 2009
VetteCoins
We've just rolled out push notifications to our beta group.

Push notifications would allow subscribers to receive near realtime alerts on their supported browser or mobile phone without the need to use the CCF mobile app. Note they are opt in and per device so when you visit CCF (if your device and browser are supported) you will receive a notice at the bottom of your browser asking for permission to enable notifications. Once enabled you can go into your Account Preferences and set what you want to be notified of (https://canadiancorvetteforums.com/account/preferences) or disable them. By default once you give permission they will be set to ON for every alert. So you will receive an alert in addition to an email for every CCF event you're subscribed to. You may wish to play with the settings here for fear of notification overload :)

They will only work on supported browsers and operating systems which means Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Edge on Windows or Android devices should work fine. Anything Apple related will not work. Blame Apple for this one.

Push notification work for desktop browsers as well as mobile browsers.

Once Beta Group reports success I'll roll them out to the rest of our members.

Thanks.

@Beta Group get a move on will ya 😁

Last edited:
Reactions: NikTest
We've just rolled out push notifications to our beta group.

Push notifications would allow subscribers to receive near realtime alerts on their supported browser or mobile phone without the need to use the CCF mobile app. Note they are opt in and per device so when you visit CCF (if your device and browser are supported) you will receive a notice at the bottom of your browser asking for permission to enable notifications. Once enabled you can go into your Account Preferences and set what you want to be notified of (https://canadiancorvetteforums.com/account/preferences) or disable them. By default once you give permission they will be set to ON for every alert. So you will receive an alert in addition to an email for every CCF event you're subscribed to. You may wish to play with the settings here for fear of notification overload :)

They will only work on supported browsers and operating systems which means Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Edge on Windows or Android devices should work fine. Anything Apple related will not work. Blame Apple for this one.

Push notification work for desktop browsers as well as mobile browsers.

Once Beta Group reports success I'll roll them out to the rest of our members.

Thanks.

@Beta Group get a move on will ya 😁
Didn't get a notification on my laptop.... Went to ccf preferences and turned it on there. Will see what I get. No go on the Crackberry... but that's no surprise....

Reactions: Nik
Hmm.. Try with a different browser too, you should get a little popup on the bottom of CCF after you login.

I'm on Chrome as well. Had to log out and back in.... Got the popup. Patiently waiting to be notified of something now....lol...

Reactions: Nik
Ok mine are on. I especially like the one "When Spence opens a beer"

I'm on Chrome
Seem to be working. "Spence opened Beer"
:Confused5: gotta work on this ... I was mobile with my iPhone for a Beer :joyful: at A&W (egg'r) this morning
and I did open my Apple MacBook but got nothing ... as promised ... gonna turn on all my other
WinX machines while Derek snoozes in Bali 🍹

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: ddgermann
Ha ... this genius might have it working on his MacBook Pro :thumbs:
When with in Google Chrome or also when in the WinX Partition on it too :joyful:

I think it maaay work on Chrome on a Macbook or MacOS device but definitely not Safari and definitely NO BROWSER on any iPhone. Apple refuses to support the relevant webkit APIs instead pushing you to the App Store. They see a world where mobile websites and mobile apps will ultimately become one and the same thing, and that's a big threat to their app store revenue stream so expect these antics until they relent eventually in a few years time.

Reactions: ddgermann
Push notifications are now available to all registered users. You will all receive a notice at the bottom of your screens to enable them. You may dismiss the notice or disable them at any time in your account settings.

Keep in mind notifications are per browser/per device so you need to enable them on all devices.