Weather forecast is improving if anyone is interested. One of the biggest and best car shows in Ontario each year. :)

Fantastic turnout for Day 1 of Pumkinfest in Port Elgin, Ontario! There had to be a 1000 cars. I snapped a few pics but should have taken many more. Weather co-operated very nicely until the last 15 minutes of our drive home when we got into a good rain shower. I'll be back at the Corvette Corral tomorrow morning to help with parking. Some pics...

047.jpg

Our '75 parked next to my friend's '66 Galaxie.

045.jpg

I like this shot of our '75; it looks just like the one on the cover of the '75 brochure.

067.jpg

068.jpg

069.jpg

This '61 was just gorgeous! Black with silver coves.

053.jpg

A rare '62 Grand Prix! 389 with 3 deuces!

057.jpg

A very cool early 70's Buick Sport Wagon.

Hope to get more pictures tomorrow!

Some more pics from today. Sunday is usually a lighter attendance but still some nice cars to be seen.

SaugeenShores-20120930-00022.jpg

SaugeenShores-20120930-00023.jpg

SaugeenShores-20120930-00024.jpg

SaugeenShores-20120930-00025.jpg

SaugeenShores-20120930-00026.jpg

SaugeenShores-20120930-00027.jpg

Wow, What great looking rides -- from the beauty vettes (love the mid-60's red rag, to the Fairlane GT to the Shaker 'cuda, to the T-bird, the street rod, and Camaro -- The '64/'65 Falcon and the Corvair brought back some fond memories.
Thanks for posting the pics Case -- Looks like you had another successful Pumpkinfest/Corvette Corral turnout.
Kudos on the success.

Cheers,
Colin

Nice pictures Case 75. I and some of the members of the Corvette Western Ontario club attended the show on Saturday. It definitely is the best car show in Ontario to attend. Lots of great cars to see, and lots of people attended which made the wait for food a little long. The good old Legion was the best place to wet your whistle and chat. If any one has never been to Port Elgin and are car enthusiast you will never regret going to the show at least once. CHEERS!

Nice pictures Case 75. I and some of the members of the Corvette Western Ontario club attended the show on Saturday. It definitely is the best car show in Ontario to attend. Lots of great cars to see, and lots of people attended which made the wait for food a little long. The good old Legion was the best place to wet your whistle and chat. If any one has never been to Port Elgin and are car enthusiast you will never regret going to the show at least once. CHEERS!

Right on Cruzin, Port Elgin is a great town with friendly, helpful people who make it a treat to visit. Being on the lake makes it a terrific vacation spot. We especially like the all you can eat Fish and Chips at the Lord Elgin on Monday nights. I've 'overdone it' there a few times. :D

Once again Case thanks for posting -- wish we could have made it -- P/Elgin really is a treat to visit and would be especially so for Pumpkinfest.

C.

Thanks CCO. Let's make plans to all meet next year! Always the weekend before Thanksgiving. Let's fill the Corral with CCF members!

Sorry, that was all I took; I'm terrible with a camera...I'll walk around looking at the cars and forget to take pictures! It was hard to get good pictures sometimes for all the people too.

Wow, What great looking rides -- from the beauty vettes (love the mid-60's red rag, to the Fairlane GT to the Shaker 'cuda, to the T-bird, the street rod, and Camaro -- The '64/'65 Falcon and the Corvair brought back some fond memories.
Thanks for posting the pics Case -- Looks like you had another successful Pumpkinfest/Corvette Corral turnout.
Kudos on the success.

Cheers,
Colin

That '64 convert and the '58 beside it were both owned by the same person. The '65 Corvair was a 140 hp 4 speed Monza. My first car was a '66 red Monza 110 powerglide. Brought back old memories. The red Fairlane had a 390 in it. The '68 Camaro was an SS396. The '32 coupe is a replica of the American Graffiti car; the entire dash was signed by original cast members!

Thanks for photos.. I moved daughter in Waterloo.. (loaded and unloaded 26 ft van several times)... Was there a actual Corvette parking corral ? I noticed your car was in with Steel cars.....

Thanks for photos.. I moved daughter in Waterloo.. (loaded and unloaded 26 ft van several times)... Was there a actual Corvette parking corral ? I noticed your car was in with Steel cars.....

There was an actual Corvette Corral; I took quite a hazing from our club for parking with my buddy on main street on Saturday rather than with the club. Because my car is over 25 years old I had a choice. On Sunday I parked in the corral where I belonged (I'm told (LOL)) as my buddy had gone back down to Dundas. There were maybe a half dozen Vettes on main street each day. Quite a few more in the corral. There were so many cars in attendance Saturday that they had to allow steel cars into the corral as there was nowhere else to park. I think they had something like 60 cars in the corral on Saturday.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread