Nik

Staff member
Power User
Administrator
Beta
Jan 11, 2009
VetteCoins
It's somewhat apparent as we grow and add a lot of new members that some of you may not get along with others. Perish the thought.

Some highly skeptical boffins have thankfully anticipated this eventuality and we'd like to remind, or introduce if you didn't know, how you can make your CCF experience better if there's someone that really grinds your gears.

1. Member Ignore Feature - Hover over any member profile and you will find an Ignore button on their member card. Hitting this means that you will forever (or until you decide) ignore their content including posts/threads and media items. This is your number one go to tool for those pesky folks that swim up on your radar.

2. Mark a Post as Spam - little known to some but if you mark a post as spam (simply hover over the Like button and pick the Spam icon which looks like a little envelope with a red mark) it will be auto reported and eventually be hidden automagically from view. If 3 people report the post as spam it gets reported to the mods and if 5 people report it as spam it will actually be hidden for everyone but not deleted. Do use this with caution as abuse of this feature will not be nice and definitely not tolerated. Again this is designed largely to catch spam but can be used for other extremes such as abuse or behaviour that is out of order. This is in case us mods are sleeping and don't catch it first (see reporting below).

3. Report posts - little known fact, the mods don't live on CCF in spite of the lavish rewards we throw at them :) We don't read a looooot of posts so simply simmering and taking out your frustration on a subsequent date/time/place isn't doing you any favours as we do not have context nor time to sift through hundreds of messages. If you see an infraction please use the Report post button. We will review and action if needed. Please don't report people simply because you don't agree with them or don't like them or the way they dress, those will be ignored so be judicious. We reserve the right to action or not any content at our discretion. Infractions are listed in our rule book (Announcement - CCF User Manual) but that is definitely not an exhaustive list (see above on discretionary powers).

4. Take a break - it's a car forum, breathe deeply and move onto another topic, start a new thread, post an interesting tidbit of info, share an experience with others, have a beer/spirit/fruit juice. As we spend more time than ever in front of screens we tend to fixate on small things and sometimes miss the larger things in life. Unwind and come back with a (re)freshed perspective.

That is all folks.

I almost hit "spam" just for kicks, for Nik's post above...but changed my mind at the last second and hit "like" instead... :) .

But seriously, kudos to the administrator(s)/moderators for their work keeping this Forum alive and kicking and running smoothly. I've enjoyed my (compared to many others) very short time here and obtained lots of helpful info and advice, hopefully contributed with some of my own advice, greatly expanded my knowledge of and appreciation for Corvettes and obtained up-to-date info on the C8 in particular (way before my dealer), had some laughs, made a donation to a worthy children's charity, helped an out-of-province member buy a used Corvette and had loads of fun test-driving it, and looked at many great pictures taken by members. So it's not all "Corvette-related" content, which makes this an even more interesting place to visit. Perhaps most importantly, I've also made a few friends along the way. Seeing all the new members continually jump on board proves the Forum is doing something very right! I'm sure they'll also find this a great place to hang-out amongst the zillion choices on the Web. Thanks again!

I almost hit "spam" just for kicks, for Nik's post above...but changed my mind at the last second and hit "like" instead... :) .

But seriously, kudos to the administrator(s)/moderators for their work keeping this Forum alive and kicking and running smoothly. I've enjoyed my (compared to many others) very short time here and obtained lots of helpful info and advice, hopefully contributed with some of my own advice, greatly expanded my knowledge of and appreciation for Corvettes and obtained up-to-date info on the C8 in particular (way before my dealer), had some laughs, made a donation to a worthy children's charity, helped an out-of-province member buy a used Corvette and had loads of fun test-driving it, and looked at many great pictures taken by members. So it's not all "Corvette-related" content, which makes this an even more interesting place to visit. Perhaps most importantly, I've also made a few friends along the way. Seeing all the new members continually jump on board proves the Forum is doing something very right! I'm sure they'll also find this a great place to hang-out amongst the zillion choices on the Web. Thanks again!

Glad you didn't report me to the authorities *phew*.

Happy to hear you're liking it here. We try to build a pleasant community atmosphere and if we fail we settle for a little less bickering than other places maybe :)

Reactions: ABC