Apr 3, 2023
VetteCoins
Car
Waitlisted 2023 C8
Province
ON
OK, I have tried using the instructions in the manual, YouTube videos, Homelink website instructions, and every other combination of buttons I can think of. Anyone had any success programming their visor garage opener buttons? For clarity, I just had a new Mastercraft opener installed in the garage so the technology should be current across the board...

I've held the 1 and 3 buttons to clear the system...no problem. Reading the Homelink directions, I held the remote and Homelink buttons together. In theory, the Homelink button will go from slow flash to fast flash...that means it's programmed...never happened, stayed slow flash. Gave it some time then pushed the learn button on the opener unit and and returned to the car...nothing from the Homelink button. Tried a bunch of variations on that theme (pushing one before the other instead of at the same time, etc.)...no luck...

Weirdly, mine would not program either and then I carefully read the C8 manual that states

1686364541447.png

So perhaps programming from under, does not work so I backed out and that worked.
Or maybe just a coincidence.

OK, I have tried using the instructions in the manual, YouTube videos, Homelink website instructions, and every other combination of buttons I can think of. Anyone had any success programming their visor garage opener buttons? For clarity, I just had a new Mastercraft opener installed in the garage so the technology should be current across the board...
Just a shot in the dark, I had the same problem with my Audi SQ5 several years ago. Searched everywhere and found one hint that solved the problem. The light bulb in the power unit was an early LED bulb and apparently interfered with the signal - the opener was about a Craftsman 2008 vintage. Changed to incandescent bulbs in both units and it then programmed fine. My C7 and C8 have not been a problem as the old incandescent bulbs are still in the unit.

I don't have a garage, or a door opener.
Hope the neighbors don't mind me opening and closing their doors.

Just a shot in the dark, I had the same problem with my Audi SQ5 several years ago. Searched everywhere and found one hint that solved the problem. The light bulb in the power unit was an early LED bulb and apparently interfered with the signal - the opener was about a Craftsman 2008 vintage. Changed to incandescent bulbs in both units and it then programmed fine. My C7 and C8 have not been a problem as the old incandescent bulbs are still in the unit.
Ya, I'd use twisted fluorescent bulbs when those tungsten bulbs go. Use a lot less power and last longer.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread