In an effort to bring even more personalization to your profile pages, here come Profile covers...

What is it?
Basically it's like Facebook covers... And for those that don't use facebook it looks something like the below image...

How do I use it?
Hover over your name in the top right then select Your Profile Page. When in your profile you should see a Manage Cover link, click it. Next screen will allow you to upload up to 10 images no more than 1Mb each. If you upload more than one image your cover will transition every 8 seconds to the next image. Upload images and hit save. You should see your new cover pic.

Pic looks cropped?
Yep, well you can reposition it by clicking on manage cover and reposition then save.

Pic still cropped?
Can't have everything, we use an image cover technique to make sure your cover actually covers the entire area for all screen sizes so if the pic is too small or large it will get cropped on certain screens.

Why can't I see it?
We're slowly introducing this to select user groups and will be going down the ladder. Right now only Power Users and Regular users i.e. 100+ posts have access to it. We will be bringing it to other groups eventually.

Nik   Canadian Corvette Forums.png

Of course how often do we creep peoples profiles to see the covers anyway....lol....

But it was pretty easy.... Good directions sure help...

prof.jpg

.......I see that you don't even have to be logged in to view the profile page of anyone. Pics are cut off top and bottom after being centered but still gives a shot of the shot. Good only 10 , I could get very carried away and really use up bandwidth here..........:Party:

.......I see that you don't even have to be logged in to view the profile page of anyone. Pics are cut off top and bottom after being centered but still gives a shot of the shot. Good only 10 , I could get very carried away and really use up bandwidth here..........:Party:

I see you're definitely going for the record :)

Yes pics will get cutoff depending on the size of the monitor/browser you're viewing them through. The code will basically do its best to cover the entire profile area with the pic you've provided so it will zoom into it if you're viewing a low(er) res pic on a big screen with your browser maximized. Your profile page is public so profile pics will be public also.

I'm contemplating even adding custom profile usernames to your profile so you sort of have a facebook style profile page with an @ prefix i.e. ccf.com/@xfire.... Maybe in future.

...Thanks Nik, but that is as far as I think I will go. I'm not into facebook things etc, heck I don't even have a cell phone......maybe other guys will find the proposed things you mentioned of interest.