ToVetteFan

You're 5 You're a Regular
Aug 19, 2014
Woodbridge
VetteCoins
Car
multiple over time
For those wondering why their TPW got bumped back a few weeks, GM just announced a stop delivery and production delay related to the data recorder. Something to do with having to install an update regarding a privacy issue and US laws related to audio recording devices. Not sure on exact details on it yet, will update when I am able..

For those wondering why their TPW got bumped back a few weeks, GM just announced a stop delivery and production delay related to the data recorder. Something to do with having to install an update regarding a privacy issue and US laws related to audio recording devices. Not sure on exact details on it yet, will update when I am able..

hopefully they will update the software so you can turn the mic on/off when PDR is active

There is a lot of stuff on our car that I would like to turn off. We have a nanny state and now, nanny cars. I prefer to do my own driving thank you. It seems that I am more apt to have an accident from the Active Handling acting up than getting into trouble on my own. I don't need that kind of help.

Naturally! :mad:

Just about anything that can go wrong it seems, I have ordered on my 2015 C7...
8 speed auto -- orders held now until mid October
Z51 -- on constraint
painted roof -- on constraint
PDR -- and now the PDR [sheesh]

I wonder if I can get my grand back? I doubt they will build my car - ever

There are still some options left to break or become scarce since I also ordered...
magnetic ride
NPP -- oh yes that is part of Z51 mow [head shake]
battery protection -- sure, why not?

I should look at the bright side though, with no C7 I won't have to sweat cold weather wear on the Michelins

Just ended 12 weeks wait -- latest from GM Live Chat is NO production is planned for my order.

And we haven't even talked allocations yet :nono:

This may be bye bye C7 and hello Jaguar F-type. A less powerful car beats an unbuilt car every time.

Mike Jackson Motors is being painfully quiet.

Lost Sales

I'd be curious to know the number of sales lost due to this mess. It is hard to prove a negative. I think I would be safe in saying that more than a few have moved on to something else. Not everyone HAS TO HAVE a Corvette. I know if I were in the market for a new car, I'd be hesitant to order one. This is a single car line and it appears to be at a stand still.

Wish I could say I'm disappointed but I'm not... I ordered an allocated 2015 - LT2 - Z51, Coupe, yellow, black rims, carbon flash badges, mag ride, PDR, personalized plaque. I didn't want to see my car until April 2015 anyways, so this certainly helps me.

Plus I have an open option to update to a Z06 if by some chance a miracle happens and I find in the country somewhere. I'm on a couple of dealer lists, 2nd and 3rd... Any suggestions? I bet the list is miles long............

Wish I could say I'm disappointed but I'm not... I ordered an allocated 2015 - LT2 - Z51, Coupe, yellow, black rims, carbon flash badges, mag ride, PDR, personalized plaque. I didn't want to see my car until April 2015 anyways, so this certainly helps me.

Plus I have an open option to update to a Z06 if by some chance a miracle happens and I find in the country somewhere. I'm on a couple of dealer lists, 2nd and 3rd... Any suggestions? I bet the list is miles long............

That open option may help you on a 16 model Z06 if they have them... I really don't think you will find a 15 though unless someone gives up on this MY as a result of problems forund with the build ...

Hi VINDIC9R,

Whats your source on the Z51 being on constraint for 2015?

I thought they had sorted out their supply issues on this for 2015's and also started offering the ZF1 package to ease demand.

About NPP it is still an option on non-Z51 vehicles so that does concern me a bit. But again please share your source or a link/website where they post these constraints so I may be able to better guide my customers on estimated deliveries for their 2015 C7's.

Thanksalot!

Naturally! :mad:

Just about anything that can go wrong it seems, I have ordered on my 2015 C7...
8 speed auto -- orders held now until mid October
Z51 -- on constraint
painted roof -- on constraint
PDR -- and now the PDR [sheesh]

I wonder if I can get my grand back? I doubt they will build my car - ever

There are still some options left to break or become scarce since I also ordered...
magnetic ride
NPP -- oh yes that is part of Z51 mow [head shake]
battery protection -- sure, why not?

I should look at the bright side though, with no C7 I won't have to sweat cold weather wear on the Michelins

Just ended 12 weeks wait -- latest from GM Live Chat is NO production is planned for my order.

And we haven't even talked allocations yet :nono:

This may be bye bye C7 and hello Jaguar F-type. A less powerful car beats an unbuilt car every time.

Mike Jackson Motors is being painfully quiet.

Last edited:
Hi VINDIC9R,

Whats your source on the Z51 being on constraint for 2015?

I thought they had sorted out their supply issues on this for 2014 and also started offering the ZF1 package to ease demand.

About NPP it is still an option on non-Z51 vehicles so that does concern me a bit. But again please share your source or a link/website where they post these constraints so I may be able to better guide my customers on estimated deliveries for their C7's.

Thanksalot!

2015 VET 10/20 - 11/2 2015 VET is Manual Allocation
1431 FAY Carbon Fiber, Instrument Panel 30% Greater than 4 weeks

1432 Z51 Performance Package 55% Greater than 4 weeks
1436 C2Q Roof Package. Body Color Dual 0% Greater than 4 weeks

1441 1Y*67 and E57 Convertible Tonneau Cover 0% Greater than 4 weeks
1473 SDN Black/Silver Stem Valve Package 0% Greater than 4 weeks

1796 UQT Performance Recorder and Video 0% Less than 4 weeks. Engineering validation.
1797 1Y*67 and S3Z Convertible Deck Lid Liner 0% Greater than 4 weeks. Engineering validation.
1851 C2Z/C2M Roof Panels 20% Greater than 4 weeks

Owais, hope this helps... Z51 is on constraint, but not really, as they are able to build 55% of production as Z51.

Thanks for the update ToVetteFan.

So from what I understand regarding the roof options its only the Dual Roof options that are on contraints. The single Body Colors Roof is not on constraint right?

The Visible Carbon Fibre Roof and Transparent Glass Roof when selected as a Dual Roof option or a Single Roof panel could cause delay.

So VINDIC8R's body colored roof shouldnt cause any delays. Also since Z51 now includes NPP and as a package isnt really on contraint these options shouldnt delay his Factory Order. So now its only the PDR option which would likely be a software update. I wish they would instead place a simple disclosure label inside the car like in TAXI's that your audio may be recorded. It wouldnt look pretty but while they figure out the software update atleast you would get your vehicle sooner and if the customer wants they could always remove this label. You could stop by later to get the software update at the dealership.

Last edited:
Thanks for the update ToVetteFan.

So from what I understand regarding the roof options its only the Dual Roof options that are on contraints. The single Body Colors Roof is not on constraint right?

The Visible Carbon Fibre Roof and Transparent Glass Roof when selected as a Dual Roof option or a Single Roof panel could cause delay.

So VINDIC8R's body colored roof shouldnt cause any delays. Also since Z51 now includes NPP and as a package isnt really on contraint these options shouldnt delay his Factory Order. So now its only the PDR option which would likely be a software update. I wish they would instead place a simple disclosure label inside the car like in TAXI's that your audio may be recorded. It wouldnt look pretty but while they figure out the software update atleast you would get your vehicle sooner and if the customer wants they could always remove this label. You could always stop by later to get the software update at the dealership.

Standard roof alone is not on constraint at this time, nor is the transparent panel alone. Exposed CF with body colour surround alone has 0 availability, dual roofs have 20% availability. Z51 is limiting for VINDIC8R only because his dealer is a small volume Corvette store. If they only get two this year, it is likely that only 1 will be a Z51, and there is no guarantee that it will be their first available allocation, even he is first on their list. Transmission now appears to a go, but even if it isn't, the data recorder will slow him down a bit... It is my understanding that this will be a 2-3 week slowdown on production until they have the update ready...

Unless VINDIC8R was planning on driving it in the winter in Collingwood :rofl:
it probably shouldn't matter, as we are now talking about November production dates anyway, so let them take their time getting everything sorted out and deliver it in April...

The latest:
FAY............Carbon Fiber Dash..............................30%
Z51............Performance Package............................55%
C2Q............Dual Roof Package (Body Color and Transparent)..0%
C2Z............Visible Carbon Fiber Roof......................20%
C2M............Dual Roof Package (Visible CF and Transparent).20%
EFY............Body Color Vents............... ...............no longer available
CFZ............Carbon Fiber Ground Effects Package............no longer available
SDN............Black/Silver Stem Valve Package................no longer available
CFA............Standard roof (painted)........................35%
1Y*67 & E57....Convertible Tonneau Cover/Carbon Fiber Inserts..0%
1Y*67 & S3Z....Convertible and Decklid Liner..................no longer available
5ZU & G1B......Z51 Style Spoiler and Shark Gray...............no constraint
5ZU & G1H......Z51 Style Spoiler and Daytona Sunrise Orange...no longer available
SB3 & G1B......Wing Style Spoiler and Shark Gray..............no longer available
SB3 & G1H......Wing Style Spoiler and Daytona Sunrise Orange..no longer available
Z07............Z06 Performance package........................60%
CFV & Z07......Carbon Fiber Ground Effects and Z07 Perf Pkg ..25%
CFZ - Z07......Carbon Fiber Ground Effects minus Z07 Perf Pkg.20%
TPW Oct 20 non-Z06
TPW Nov 3 for Z06

Note Z06 constraints now on the list.

Last edited by a moderator:
The latest:
FAY............Carbon Fiber Dash..............................30%
Z51............Performance Package............................55%
C2Q............Dual Roof Package (Body Color and Transparent)..0%
C2Z............Visible Carbon Fiber Roof......................20%
C2M............Dual Roof Package (Visible CF and Transparent).20%
EFY............Body Color Vents............... ...............no longer available
CFZ............Carbon Fiber Ground Effects Package............no longer available
SDN............Black/Silver Stem Valve Package................no longer available
CFA............Standard roof (painted)........................35%
1Y*67 & E57....Convertible Tonneau Cover/Carbon Fiber Inserts..0%
1Y*67 & S3Z....Convertible and Decklid Liner..................no longer available
5ZU & G1B......Z51 Style Spoiler and Shark Gray...............no constraint
5ZU & G1H......Z51 Style Spoiler and Daytona Sunrise Orange...no longer available
SB3 & G1B......Wing Style Spoiler and Shark Gray..............no longer available
SB3 & G1H......Wing Style Spoiler and Daytona Sunrise Orange..no longer available
Z07............Z06 Performance package........................60%
CFV & Z07......Carbon Fiber Ground Effects and Z07 Perf Pkg ..25%
CFZ - Z07......Carbon Fiber Ground Effects minus Z07 Perf Pkg.20%
TPW Oct 20 non-Z06
TPW Nov 3 for Z06

Note Z06 constraints now on the list.

That is the list for GM US, not for GM Canada, different constraints apply... Although it is worth noting that they are indicating production is starting on the Z06 the week of Nov 3/14.

That is the list for GM US, not for GM Canada, different constraints apply... Although it is worth noting that they are indicating production is starting on the Z06 the week of Nov 3/14.

I just feel so in the dark. Will I be getting a C7 Corvette or not I guess is my question now. I am apparently Mike Jackson's second C7 order for them, or so the salesman said. Now that the first C7 has been delivered, my order can be placed so to speak. It sounds like my order can be requested or offered for consideration - not really placed like there was any assurance I would actually get one.

Despite the pain of the wait, what is frustrating is I have no idea if I am going to get a C7. My read now is that although I have an order number, it means nothing - absolutely nothing. The best I can guess. I am at the point where I just want to know IF I will get a Z51 C7. It's not longer a when

I may be the second C7 for Mike Jackson, but if I am the 505th Z51 C7 order in Canada and GM intends to only allocate 500 Z51s for Canada then I am pretty much up the proverbial creek without the proverbial paddle - and no one has the nads to tell me.

Has buying a new C7 in Canada become a game of Corvette Roulette? You pays your money and ya takes yer chances?

There is no concensus on whether I will even get a C7 that is built in November for example. One camp says Corvettes are not delivered to dealers during winter months. One forum member here wrote to say that he received his C7 in January. Who is right?

There just seems to be too many variables. I am not sure I signed up for this.

Sorry for the long-winded rant. It's just after 0300 hours. I have not put in a good day.

If your dealer has a 2nd allocation, he has a good idea when the car will arrive. I have a buddy that sold his C6 last April. He immediately ordered a Z51 expecting a '14...no luck. His dealer gets two 15's & told him to expect the car next May.
My dealer got one '14, I drove it home Jan 20.

I just feel so in the dark. Will I be getting a C7 Corvette or not I guess is my question now. I am apparently Mike Jackson's second C7 order for them, or so the salesman said. Now that the first C7 has been delivered, my order can be placed so to speak. It sounds like my order can be requested or offered for consideration - not really placed like there was any assurance I would actually get one.

Despite the pain of the wait, what is frustrating is I have no idea if I am going to get a C7. My read now is that although I have an order number, it means nothing - absolutely nothing. The best I can guess. I am at the point where I just want to know IF I will get a Z51 C7. It's not longer a when

I may be the second C7 for Mike Jackson, but if I am the 505th Z51 C7 order in Canada and GM intends to only allocate 500 Z51s for Canada then I am pretty much up the proverbial creek without the proverbial paddle - and no one has the nads to tell me.

Has buying a new C7 in Canada become a game of Corvette Roulette? You pays your money and ya takes yer chances?

There is no concensus on whether I will even get a C7 that is built in November for example. One camp says Corvettes are not delivered to dealers during winter months. One forum member here wrote to say that he received his C7 in January. Who is right?

There just seems to be too many variables. I am not sure I signed up for this.

Sorry for the long-winded rant. It's just after 0300 hours. I have not put in a good day.

Face it you are dealing with a seriously screwed up company, supplier and distribution network. So my suggestion is simple. VIPER.

I would NEVER have believed this as well. I mean, not only have I found a dealership where the salesman and owner confirmed that they have a Z06 allocation, but also, they confirmed this with the GM Rep and also sent me confirmation ON PAPER that this allocation was coming to me and me only, to which they also supplied me with the reps name for confirmation. On top of that, I went a step further (as this is a Quebec dealership) and had a french speaking member of this forum (and Corvette salesman) call that dealership who stated that he believed that I was looking in the right direction.

Do I believe for a second that I have that Z06? Not a chance... Daily I think of skippng the Z06 to go the safe route of getting a C7 and then hat holds me back??? I realize once again that there really is no safe route when I remember all that I have heard from those that ordered last year.

The ONLY way you know that you are getting a vette is when you are sitting in it IMO!

Ummmm. This Corvette is not available. They have 3 Z06s coming in November that they cannot change the confguration on? This guy is not the Corvette salesman? The Corvette salesman is in Europe for two more weeks? He will have him get in touch.

Provided me with a gmail address rather than dealership info.

He could not provide info on allocations or last years sales.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.