My experience with my salesman when I bought my C7 last year was not impressive: he did no know very much at all about the C7 or how anything worked. He was able to help a bit; but, most of it I figured out by trial and error and with the help of my son. I bought it in Langley!

My experience with my salesman when I bought my C7 last year was not impressive: he did no know very much at all about the C7 or how anything worked. He was able to help a bit; but, most of it I figured out by trial and error and with the help of my son. I bought it in Langley!
If there is anything lingering for you on any gizmo in that Corvette, I am rather sure you will get the help you need here.
My Wife and I spent last Winter going over everything (and our salesperson had it all correct). The little things were left for
our discovery and we figured it all out (the big one was Apple Play - and the resolve was rather silly). Now that we are on the road
for a good month now, the rest of Corvette Discovery is falling into place. Cheers!

Mine was funny. I knew what they had was the exact car I wanted. I had driven a 2016 Vette down in Florida for a whole day so I didn't need to drive it. I mean, the car had 6k km and was driven by the owner of the dealership. They asked me if I wanted to test drive it, I said nope, I know how it drives, it's exactly what I want, the price is very reasonable, and it's in great shape. Easiest sale ever...

I didn't catch it the first time I read this thread ... but what is TRANSPORT MODE? The T stands for TOURING. If you are having issues with the gear changes, and I understand it's not the shifter itself, change it to a MGW shifter. You won't believe the difference in quality between the OEM and MGW shifter and the MGW is much crisper. It's a 1 hour task and fairly simple. I think the sales guy needs to find a different job:)

Reactions: turbozig
I didn't catch it the first time I read this thread ... but what is TRANSPORT MODE? The T stands for TOURING. If you are having issues with the gear changes, and I understand it's not the shifter itself, change it to a MGW shifter. You won't believe the difference in quality between the OEM and MGW shifter and the MGW is much crisper. It's a 1 hour task and fairly simple. I think the sales guy needs to find a different job:)

Transport mode is something I don't think many of us would ever "see" or "feel" but I do think that part of it annoys the heck out of you until you initiate the OnStar stuff. Until you set it up, every time you turn on the vehicle, we got an OnStar "Siri" yelling at us to set it up. The Dealership normally does this on delivery, but we actually asked for it not to be done thinking that it would be no big deal. So, side note, set up the OnStar but never give out the credit card information because perpetual charges are a nuisance to have stopped once the "free" time expires. I found that once I figured out the rocket science of Apple Car Play, OnStar is primarily redundant although I guess its cool to get the monthly car status emailed to you which I believe is included for 5 years. Anyway, I think "transport mode" is something that we don't set ourselves and that the dealer removes once it has gone through something called PDI (post delivery inspection). If there is a Dealer member/user out there on this forum, maybe they can elaborate on this "transport mode" jargon.

I just received the MGW shifter for my 2015 M7 and will be installing this weekend. Looking very forward to the result.

Reactions: Brent08
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread