Nov 19, 2020
VetteCoins
Car
Mercedes Amg GTS
Province
MB
I just received my TPW for April 19,2021. Elkhart Lake Blue, 3LT Z51 fully loaded. MSRP shows just over $110k. Have seen others on this forum mention they were price protected. My original order and deposit was made in Oct 2019 and got deferred to the 2021 model year. Should I be priced protect as the number grew by about $3k. If so how can I get the old price?

Reactions: ccltj
Hi my understanding is that your 2021 model year order has to be entered in workbench and advanced to 2000 before March 1, 2021. Or simply put you should have an actual allocation at the dealer before March 1.
The dealer would likely confirm with its regional GM rep and determine. If the order is indeed price protected then dealer would charge you the old msrp and claim the reimbursement back from GM.

I ordered my car, a 2014, in June of 2014, I was told by the dealer at that time that I had Price Protection. That day I built and priced the car on line. I didn’t get the car, a 2015, until April 2015. During that time our Canadian dollar jumped from 2 cents to 35 cents. I built and priced the car on line again just before I left the house to pick it up at the dealership and the price had increased by $6,000.
I only paid $450 extra and they said that was because the ‘15 got the 8 speed transmission. I didn’t have to ask for anything, the dealer just did it.
I left the dealership licence plate covers on the front and back of the Car for two years.

Reactions: ccltj and Corey
This is very interesting. I put a deposit down the same month and year, mine is also and Elkhart Blue. I was given a TPW the week of April 19.
To answer your question, yes they did reprice mine at 2021 level. Fingers crossed they will be built next week.

Reactions: ccltj
In the states price protection happened if you had an order number before March 1st.
Someone said in Canada it was 2000 for price protection. IMO Nobody should put down a deposit without getting a Purchase agreement AND an order number. (Not that I did. lol )

In the states price protection happened if you had an order number before March 1st.
Someone said in Canada it was 2000 for price protection. IMO Nobody should put down a deposit without getting a Purchase agreement AND an order number. (Not that I did. lol )

Good point Murray, just to add, review the fine print of your purchase agreement. As mine did state prices subject to change without notice. If your allocation was not accepted by GM you will likely pay the increase. GM put all dealers in a hard place with a mid cycle price increase.

If your allocation was not accepted by GM you will likely pay the increase. GM put all dealers in a hard place with a mid cycle price increase.
Totally agree. I called GM Canada a few times on this and this is what they told me (event 2000, allocation accepted by GM before March 1, 2021). Not sure there is a formal policy/bulletin sent to dealers clearly explaining this, so with this vague policy, many dealers did not know and they have to deal with asking customers and go confirm with their GM rep. It has created a lot of work and confusion, frankly for both dealers and customers with this mid cycle price increase.
I am picking up the car tomorrow and also would go in to finalize some paperwork, so I will report if I found additional things on this topic.

If your allocation was not accepted by GM you will likely pay the increase. GM put all dealers in a hard place with a mid cycle price increase.
Totally agree. I called GM Canada a few times on this and this is what they told me (event 2000, allocation accepted by GM before March 1, 2021). Not sure there is a formal policy/bulletin sent to dealers clearly explaining this, so with this vague policy, many dealers did not know and they have to deal with asking customers and go confirm with their GM rep. It has created a lot of work and confusion, frankly for both dealers and customers with this mid cycle price increase.
I am picking up the car tomorrow and also would go in to finalize some paperwork, so I will report if I found additional things on this topic.

Congratulations on the car, looking forward to hearing the outcome. I took a $3k hit on my order, which is not horrendous. I work in the manufacturing industry and have seen some raw materials double in the past 6 months, steel being one. So I’d expect to see the 2022 with a rather significant price adjustment.

Good point Murray, just to add, review the fine print of your purchase agreement. As mine did state prices subject to change without notice. If your allocation was not accepted by GM you will likely pay the increase. GM put all dealers in a hard place with a mid cycle price increase.
Yes, I forgot to look at that, but there are a lot of "May do this" and "May do that". So it seems to be up to the dealers discretion. They do make a healthy profit on these cars.

Went to the dealership this afternoon and finalized paperwork. I was price protected.
Like I suspected the sales manager had to confirm with his regional GM rep, and the sales manager did have some paperwork / document on his screen showing the $ price increase on March 1.
He then manually lowered the MSRP for me. Did not get to confirm what was the event code needed at the time of increase (e.g. 1100 or 2000 minimum), but I continue to believe it is 2000. Sounds like the regional GM rep is the one deciding.

Passed on the rims/tires protection ($999/3 yr), passed the ceramic pro coating silver package ($2600, double of the price you could get from a independent shop).
Did negotiate very hard on the extended warranty, and finally agreeing on a 10yr/140k/$100 deductible plan by Assante for $2500.

Question for you guys - I read something about the front license plate and the dealer is asking whether i would like to put it on. I would like because i don't want to avoid any potential headaches with police. But what should I do? There is a front cover needs to come out, then is there a plate holder that comes with the car or there is a generic plastic one from the dealer? or avoid using any of those and just bend the plate and screw it on without any cover? pls advice

Reactions: Murray20c8
Question for you guys - I read something about the front license plate and the dealer is asking whether i would like to put it on. I would like because i don't want to avoid any potential headaches with police. But what should I do? There is a front cover needs to come out, then is there a plate holder that comes with the car or there is a generic plastic one from the dealer? or avoid using any of those and just bend the plate and screw it on without any cover? pls advice
Ask for the bracket to be put in your trunk. You will install it (not) later. There are many alternatives. One is what I did. The GM bracket can scrape the paint.

1618522192043.png

Reactions: HighcloudC8
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.