Jan 27, 2014
Lyster,Qc
VetteCoins
Car
2020 z51 red
Tommororw i will take possesion of my z06 at my dealers westisland gm in montreal.
To arrange that ,i call my saleman today and talk about price protection and says not applicable for corvette. I reply that im doing pp for my 2014 whit another dealers and call gm.ca for support. I dont know what is happen tommorow. 4 k in play. I also have a worksheet directly from dg with mid price increase (2k).my order number is since september .Any advice?

Good luck Alex. What an unfortunate situation to be in. Hopefully someone can give you some direction to take with this.

I hope that you really enjoy the new car despite the somewhat sleazy tactics of both General Motors and some of their dealer network.

Your response to them should be to set up a meeting between the dealer , yourself and the District Rep as it is the District Rep that they apply to for price protection. He will be able to advise them correctly.....if that is what they want to hear. Your price protection in Canada starts from the day you get an order number created.

I hope you resolve it as I know another purchasing from the same dealer who will expect the same. I will fear this until my sale is complete next month, regardless of how many papers I have that have the correct total of 99800.

The kick in the ass here is that I have seen several Z06s brought into Quebec and sell for 140k plus. Your dealer knows this as well and so do others such as mine. They profit off of your loss which is why it is so important to get the District Rep involved to sort out your differences.

The fly in the ointment is that every GM dealer is independent of GM and can sell the car at any price they choose. GM cannot even speak to pricing issues but they may be able to lean with respect to misrepresentation if you had an order placed before the price bumps. Even with this though, the dealer has no obligations to honor anything with respect to pricing with GM.

My fear with you guys at that dealer though is that they never placed your order until well after deposit. That disqualifies you from anything before the order number was drawn.

Good luck and keep us up to date.

Last edited:
Thank all. Sorry for double post i have an error display and i repeat them. So someone can delete the second. My order number is since 2014 sept. Gm.ca chat with me and call me. She said she call sale manager for this issue. Seem to have some helpfull person.question : if dealer dont rebate my car to original msrp does he have to pay the car to increase dealer price?

Yes... If he doesnt apply for that rebate, that means that he has to pay full pop. If he gives you the discount, he simply applies to GM for the rebate. It is no win or loss for him at all if he is above board and wanting to get you your car. The key person if they changed anything though is getting through to their District Manager. You are entitled to the original GM price, therefore, price protection.

I wouldn't be surprised is some dealers tell you no price protection, take advantage of the situation and then apply after the sale is complete and keep that portion. If that is possible.
Someone advised me that a Yellow Z07 Convertible arrived here in town and the dealer is asking $175,000.00 Canadian, insane if true I will check it out in the next day or 2.
Called dealer it was sold unit and he didn't know what it sold for as it wasn't his deal, so who knows for sure.Maybe I was fed a line...
My dealer promises me price protection on my C7 and a usable $1500.00 loyalty credit as well. It was for owning a discontinued GM product. You had to own an Oldsmobile, or Pontiac. You also had to have placed your order during the time of the program offering. Which I was lucky enough to do.

Attachments

• Gauthier Z06.jpeg
    Gauthier Z06.jpeg
    315.7 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
Checking into Loyalty Credit as I have purchased two GM trucks in last year tx! My Military credit for last service was already approved and is stackable so who knows right?

Was under impression that was the only allowedfor the Z06..as told to me by GM in fact.

And Alex, dont forget, you will be filling out a dealer satisfaction survey, so remind the dealer if he doesnt want all Zero's, he better keep his promises. If you have to pay the extra money, give him the zeros and let everyone know on all forums how unsatisfied you are. This will cost them a lot more than $2K in lost business.

Good Luck.

Finnaly, transaction was at original price and im feel happy with my dealer and good sale man. One thing: dealer admin fee 717$, is high but i go with this, (cover the lost of profit of difference with pp) final price for my devil car:93300$+tx.

Another time thank all for your help,

Alex

Can someone explain exactly how the GM price protection works? For example, if you ordered your car back in January and the price was $100 000 and after that GM put the price up to, say $105 000 and then built it at that price - with the window sticker indicating $105 000. What should be the amount that the customer pays? In my mind, you should be price protected to the $100 000 price and that's what you should pay. However, my dealer is only passing a portion of this on to me and gave me some story about how GM only price protects against cost, not list, on price protection. That makes no sense to me. I tried contacting GM on their chat line but they just ran me around in circles saying that this is a dealership thing, only, which couldn't be true, could it? Doesn't the money come back to the dealership from GM Canada? - meaning GM is involved at the corporate level. GM must have a set of rules to determine whether customers qualify for price protection and how that price protection amount is calculated. But, how would a guy like me find out what those rules are? I would appreciate any feedback from those of you out there that have more information on this.

It is a dealership thing and the final price is totally the concern of the dealer. Having said that, GM will honor the price of the vehicle at the time 'YOUR ORDER WAS DRAWN' so long as it was a retail order and not a dealership order in their name. That order number MUST have been drawn in your name, such that you can call and check on. If there is a price increase, the dealer can grant that original price to you and apply to his District Rep for reimbursement from GM. Some dealers have never done this and are very leary of it; we have seen several examples in the last two years.

You're best recourse is to ask to speak, or have a 3-way conversation with the GM District Rep to clear it up. Be clear though, price protection can only work when your order was drawn. SEVERAL dealers may take your deposit, but not create that order and those people are SOL; you mucs have that order number and be at 1100.

This is my workbench.
Look the retail -sold unit and date and my name. Im price protect since september. But its all dealers to honor and mine change is mind went gm.ca call to arrange that, i give me full pp, paid base msrp before option 85085

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    271.8 KB · Views: 25
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread