Also I'm considering trading my 2011 Callaway in on this 2013, is that a good ideal ? Which one do you guys feel is the better car ? I'm interested in the 13 because it's standard and because my wife's vette is the 2013 coup so we would have matching cars. The 1st pic is my wife's car a d the second one is the one at the dealer that I am looking at. Thanks for your thoughts and opinions.

Attachments

• 20181008_171517.jpg
    20181008_171517.jpg
    756.5 KB · Views: 79
  • 20181129_113215.jpg
    20181129_113215.jpg
    545 KB · Views: 81
Also I'm considering trading my 2011 Callaway in on this 2013, is that a good ideal ? Which one do you guys feel is the better car ? I'm interested in the 13 because it's standard and because my wife's vette is the 2013 coup so we would have matching cars. The 1st pic is my wife's car a d the second one is the one at the dealer that I am looking at. Thanks for your thoughts and opinions.

IMO and from what I’ve seen in this model. If in really clean condition that’s a decent price for this particular car. They are a very limited build from what I remember and not easy to find. I saw a beautiful one in Cold Lake this summer. Very nice car and a fine send off for the C6 generation. Kind of a Z06 with all the bells and whistles and the steel frame. I believe there was a version with the aluminum frame and fixed roof as well.
Sweet car either way 👍

Just wondering what the price for a 2013 427 with 29500 km would be ? It's a 4lt convertible. The dealer is asking $67,900 Just wondering if that's a fair price ? Thanks
I would say that's pretty close to the going rate from a dealership Paul. Does it have the 60th Anniversary package? There's one for sale in Calgary with less miles... but a bit more money too.

2013 Chevrolet Corvette 427 Convertible 4LT \ LS7 V8 505HP | Cars & Trucks | Calgary | Kijiji

Yes it has the 60th Annaversary package. That car in Calgary is really nice.

After a second look, the car in calgary appears to be missing the anniversary package badges, the 60th emblem in the seat headrests, and it also appears that like the true 50th A model only came in red, it appears that the true 2013 anniv. package only came in Arctic white... Maybe a package wannabe?.... Still a nice car though.

• Informative
Reactions: ddgermann
After a second look, the car in calgary appears to be missing the anniversary package badges, the 60th emblem in the seat headrests, and it also appears that like the true 50th A model only came in red, it appears that the true 2013 anniv. package only came in Arctic white... Maybe a package wannabe?.... Still a nice car though.

This car is at Envision Auto. I know Shaun. I actually bought my 15 Z from him. He took my 13Z on trade and made it clear prior he wouldn’t want it if it had any issues. Of course with 7500 Kms on it ... it didn’t. He knows corvettes very well and will not sell anything that’s beat. So the info should be correct. I would be quite surprised if not. He’s easy to talk to and would definitely take a call to clarify things.
Just to let you guys know, that’s a safe place to buy a pre-owned Corvette.

• Informative
Reactions: Rruuff Day
Almost bought a red vert 427 in 2015.
Had been reading a lot on the other forum about any possible problems. Just looking for any insight before buying.
The car had come out of the USA (NY) just after Sandy had passed through there and had gone through two Canadian owners. Really looked it over for water damage and the multiple sales bugged me. At any rate one of the apparently possible bugs is low oil pressure on the 427. Although the Idiot light only comes on at around 11PSI for low oil pressure, the opinion was that anything below 22PSI at idle on the 427 was an invitation to future engine problems. Took it out for a small spin from the dealership. When I got back to the dealership (used cars) I let it idle for two minutes and PSI had dropped to 17PSI. Above the minimum GM minimum but below the forum recommendation. Told the sales manager I was not buying it. He was pissed off and said I only wanted to go for a ride in a Vette. Bought my new Vette the next year.
The guy on the other forum was a mechanic who worked/raced a lot on Vettes so I considered his advice as top notch. Something like I will consider Mannies advice as factual rather than an opinion/hearsay.
Just saying - don't just buy for the looks, give it a good check out

Just wondering what the price for a 2013 427 with 29500 km would be ? It's a 4lt convertible. The dealer is asking $67,900 Just wondering if that's a fair price ? Thanks
This is a car I was looking at many years ago: few available and were pricey - so, did not buy. The 427 has been around for ages - I have a friend with 2 older vettes - both 427 - never any problems - engines are bullet proof. Super looking car.

I would get this car if it were me: bargain with the dealer - might be tough though as there are not a lot of these cars around.

I was just searching this car. In the USA loaded like this one about same price USD - one was $99K USD - very little mileage! I think this car would gain in value over time. Not sure you would get for less - buy it now!!!!

how is a c7 better than a c6 z06?
In all fairness, improvements in Corvettes came in each generation right from the C1. With the C7, ignoring the exterior style change as just a change, the interior quality was in my opinion, the biggest improvement over previous generations. As a previous C6 owner, I would not venture to say the C7 is better at all. If I had the room, I would have kept my C6 as well. They are a great car, as are all Covettes in their right and I loved that car as I love my C7 now. So in my opinion, for what it's worth, the C7 is not better. It's different in it's own way and newer of course. That's it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread