Nik

Staff member
Power User
Administrator
Beta
Jan 11, 2009
VetteCoins
We've been a bit scatty on our outbound email campaigns so CCF will as of next week start rolling out bigger updates to our mailers, emails and outbound communications.

This will impact all current newsletter subscriptions and campaigns.

What does this mean:

1. You will continue to receive email updates on subscribed threads, replies, PMs and so forth. No change there and your notification preferences will remain unchanged.

2. We will collapse and remove our weekly outbound email summary (currently blasting emails to subscribers on Saturday mornings).

3. New Better looking weekly newsletter is coming. We will have a hopefully much better looking weekly summary email to your inboxes on Saturday mornings to get you ready for the weekend or over your first hangovers.

4. More lists (or less if you prefer) - We will introduce a new set of newsletter campaigns and provide you the users with finer grained controls over what you want to subscribe to and unsubscribe from. In addition to a new much better looking weekly newsletter. We may for example introduce a list for popular posts, specific corvette era campaigns such as C7 News and Updates, For Sale lists and so forth. You will get to pick how much or little CCF email you can stand. These lists will grow in number and I will update this thread as we create more.

5. Better opt-outs and ins. New registrants will get to pick their initial newsletter preferences. Existing users will be able to toggle them in a proper page in your user settings.

6. User contributions - we are always looking for volunteers and content writers. If you wish to contribute to CCF with some wisdom, car pics and proper grammar please PM me.

Why newsletters?

You'd think in this day and age of mobile apps and push notifications that no one opens email but quite the contrary. I see lots and lots of CCF email consumption and it's a good way to keep our members engaged and informed when they're away from the forums.

I've now introduced the opt-in and out options in your Account Settings where you will in future be able to manage all of your newsletter settings. As soon as the format, content and templating is done I will check these. If you do not wish to receive further newsletters feel free to uncheck them after.

Our initial format will consist of 3 types of newsletters.

1. General newsletters - these will be monthly or weekly curated content. There maybe multiple newsletters inc. autogenerated popular content, curated content written by content writers and other interesting articles.

2. CCF Event News - these will be a curated listing of new and upcoming events.

3. CCF Deals and Sponsored - this is TBD for now so you will not receive anything. In future any special offers and deals we are able to secure with sponsors and other businesses may feature here.

Newsletter Subscriptions   Canadian Corvette Forums.png