Feb 15, 2012
Wellesley,ON
VetteCoins
Car
2001 Z06
Hey all, I'm back here in Michigan on business. While enjoying a day off today, I decided to visit Pratt and Miller Engineering. I called earlier this morning to see if they offered tours. I was disappointed to hear that they don't anymore as they are more involved with government projects which require extreme confidentiality. The receptionist was very nice and said "There are 3 cars in the lobby which are pretty cool." I was grateful for the offer, said thanks and hung up the phone. Damn, there goes part of my day, I thought. I hummed and hawed for a bit, and then came to the realization that I had nothing to lose and everything to gain. Little did I know how much I would gain. The weather here is horrible today. I fought heavy rain and poor visibility in my Vetted to travel the 20 or so minutes (which felt like an hour) to Pratt and Miller Engineering. I was buzzed into the lobby and as I walked in I knew I was in a very special place. I signed in, explained what I was here for a day went on a shooting spree with my phone and tablet like a crazed paparazzi trying to get the latest front page tabloid celebrity pic.
Only three cars, but soon many trophies, castings of prototype parts, drawings, posters past and present. I mean awe inspiring. The receptionist that I had talked to offered to take my picture with the C6R and the winning pair of Cadillacs. She must have thought I was crazy. I told her that I was a huge fan of Corvette Racing and that I had driven my Corvette there. She proceeded to load me up with free swag!! Some placards for the new Cadillac team, the C7R, and a full size C7R poster. I thanked her repeatedly and as I went to leave, she told me to wait and handed me a Corvette Racing lanyard. It may have been a gloomy day here in Michigan, but this was one happy Corvette kid! If any of you get the chance and are Corvette Racing fans then I highly recommend visiting this place. It made me proud to be a part of the Corvette family once again.
Go Corvette Racing, and go Pratt and Miller!!!!!!

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

ybedyteh.jpg

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread