May 9, 2023
VetteCoins
Car
‘24 3LT Z51 MRC
Province
BC
read so much (including this forum) on PPF and can’t get 100% consensus if paint correction of new paint before PPF is necessary or just an extra cost that really won’t change the final outcome much if at all.
many say yes many say no — as in vids Attached
If polishing is done then you never get that clear coat layer back again

Last edited:
I don't think clay bar will remove any clear coat ... if there is clear coat on the cars. To me that's what paint correction is on a new car. I saw no orange peel etc. on mine. Plus the ceramic coating is likely just as good or better than clear coat

I don't think clay bar will remove any clear coat ... if there is clear coat on the cars. To me that's what paint correction is on a new car. I saw no orange peel etc. on mine
I agree with clay bar it’s the polishing concerns me it will for sure remove the clear .
to me PREPPING car for PPF is different that PAINT CORRECTION. Before PPF the installer should
clean the entire car, pressure wash all the seams, use an iron remover to bleed out any metals, clay the paint. The important thing before applying PPF is that the paint is perfectly smooth with no overspray, rail dust, sap or anything sitting on top of the paint - PREPPING.

Last edited:
Bad boy is branching out to a new direction to avoid bankruptcy, maybe take it there Mel's kid does a great job I hear.
Finally earning their name! Still selling stuff, but won't give paid customers their purchases!
Bad Boys, Bad Boys, What you gonna do when they screw you!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.