This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Posting for a member

Riley P

Staff member
Power User
Jan 11, 2009
Saska-ba-toon!
VetteCoins
Car
2000 Z51
Province
SK
I have one new member that can't post but has questions on his 2005 (don't ask why, I'll find out tonight).

Quote from xlr8r:

In the meantime, something I've been wanting to post was a question about transmission fluid--mine is nearly black. Every other car I've ever owned used pinkish fluid. Is it time for a flush, or is this tranny just plain different (and awesome)?

That and is Vararam the only way to go for CAI? Nowhere else are people talking about it other than here; however, Manny seems ridiculously knowledgeable

Second quote:

Thanks. I just got the car, so don't know what kind of fluid went in previously. It's a 2005 (C6) with a 6-speed manual tranny. Currently, the car has 82,xxx kms on it. Hopefully a lot more soon!

If there's also information on the Vararam, awesome. I know I have to cut thr shroud in order to fit this piece in. Was wondering if it's worth it, as I can't return the car to stock afterwards. Perhaps another bolt-on offers similar gains with a less complex and destructive assembly.

Thanks man! I appreciate it.

If people could reply, I'm sure he'll see the posts.

Riley

VaraRam is the way I went and came highly recommended and promised the best performance improvement. Mine is also a C6 ('11) and am very happy with it. My brother also has a C6 ('06) and is equally happy with his.

The install does require a little cutting to accommodate the ram function to work properly and to get a full charge of cold air but is well worth the minor modification.

The "nearly black" trans fluid leads me to believe that it's never been changed and should be ASAP.
I'm sure the gears will thank you for it and will probably reward you with some smoother shifting.

Hope you get your posting gremlins ironed out -- Would love to hear more about your C6 and see some pics too.

Cheers,
Colin.

Oh yes: You'll go a long way before finding someone more knowledgeable about our vettes and more friendly than Manny.

The "nearly black" trans fluid leads me to believe that it's never been changed and should be ASAP.
I'm sure the gears will thank you for it and will probably reward you with some smoother shifting.

x2

This was my question--thanks Riley!

Tranny fluid got changed out. Still looking at CAI, but Vararam in the lead, just not sure if it will be this summer or next. The gears have surely rewarded me with some nicer shifting--although sometimes my car needs to double-clutch into first. Not sure if that's common or not.

Last edited: