Nik

Staff member
Power User
Administrator
Beta
Jan 11, 2009
VetteCoins
Folks,

As a reminder to members new and old we do have a dedicated Event and Calendar Page (Click here to access directly: Calendar | Canadian Corvette Forums) that is accessible by clicking on the Events option in the navigation up top. This is a great way to publish, invite and keep track of RSVPs for your events (you can invite board members directly and they can RSVP on the board). It allows you to easily embed a map/event location also and a dedicated thread is created to keep the discourse going. It's free for all to use and helps us keep up the appearance of being organized as a bonus.

I'm noticing lots of people creating events as threads and that's ok too but wanted to let you know that there's potentially a better way.

Reactions: LSXtasy
Being new here, I'm not sure if you want me just going ahead and adding things to the Calendar.

If I may, I'd like to announce a 1/8th mile racing event that will be happening in Forestburg on June 11 & 12.

The competition is open to any kind of vehicle. We do two-lanes, heads-up racing with lights and timers. There will be three classes, based on elapsed time. Simple rules apply. You need to wear a helmet. You need to have brakes (duh). No loose items in the car. No floor mat. Battery must be tied down. Must have a hood, or at least a belt-guard if you have a supercharger. More information can be found at Camrose Cruisers Annual Show 'n Shine, Cruise, and 100 Footer Races!

Being new here, I'm not sure if you want me just going ahead and adding things to the Calendar.

If I may, I'd like to announce a 1/8th mile racing event that will be happening in Forestburg on June 11 & 12.

The competition is open to any kind of vehicle. We do two-lanes, heads-up racing with lights and timers. There will be three classes, based on elapsed time. Simple rules apply. You need to wear a helmet. You need to have brakes (duh). No loose items in the car. No floor mat. Battery must be tied down. Must have a hood, or at least a belt-guard if you have a supercharger. More information can be found at Camrose Cruisers Annual Show 'n Shine, Cruise, and 100 Footer Races!

Go ahead and add as many events as your fingers will allow to our calendar.

Reactions: Tinman
Just to add, it's at the Forestburg Airport...and its all ours for the weekend. So good pavement with tonnes of room. Come out for the weekend and have alot of fun with some awesome vehicles...and bring earplugs lol. Bleachers, outhouses and probably food trucks. Lots of room to camp.

@Tinman @Jeremiad

Looks like you both posted the same event? Or am I misreading it.
We did...lol...I sent Riley a pm apologizing and asking one be deleted hahaha. We did it at the same time without realizing the other was doing it...I type slower. Sorry Nik. Please delete one if you want. I think I added a smidge more info on mine...but either one is fine.

Users who are viewing this thread