You're 5
Jun 23, 2018
Golden BC
VetteCoins
Car
2019 Coupe
Province
BC
Car had plasti dip flat Black wheels, starting to peel so we are removing it. Thankfully our detail gal is patient, painstaking job and none of the Google/Youtube solutions work well. Will go with chrome and see how it grows on me. Bonus is the wheels look brand new since they have been protected by the dip.

Attachments

• 20180731_124709 (2).jpg
    20180731_124709 (2).jpg
    483.5 KB · Views: 64
  • 20180731_124702 (2).jpg
    20180731_124702 (2).jpg
    352.1 KB · Views: 64
I used plasti-dip on my S2000 stock wheels when they started looking pretty rough and I wasn't interested in spending the $$$ to have them refurbished. It's a good "cheap fix" until you do something else. I believe the company itself sells a product that removes the dip really well, but I'm sure it's not cheap, and would take time to get to Canada............

Reactions: Dantanman
I used plasti-dip on my S2000 stock wheels when they started looking pretty rough and I wasn't interested in spending the $$$ to have them refurbished. It's a good "cheap fix" until you do something else. I believe the company itself sells a product that removes the dip really well, but I'm sure it's not cheap, and would take time to get to Canada............
Yes I found a few, mostly USA based, good old elbow grease and brake kleen did the trick. I sprayed the inside of the wheels flat black to help contrast the chrome, looks great. My choice would be gloss Black wheels to match the Black accents on the car but the chrome looks good too.

Reactions: flyboy999
I just used goo gone to remove mine,worked great & won’t harm your wheels.It’s also easier to remove if you lay a few think coats on,rather than thin layers.It will peel of in bigger pieces.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.