This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

PINNING KIT

Apr 9, 2019
St Catharines Ontario
VetteCoins
Car
1999 corvette
Province
ON
Hey all, was wondering if anyone had a pinning kit for sale or rent around the GTA. I was going to purchase one from summit , and it was an an ATI set up drilled from the outside instead of the front. My mechanic would rather do it that way instead of the front, and I agree. The harmonic balancer I am putting on has a keyway, the power bond PB1117SS made by Dayco, they wanted $234.00 Canadian shipped to me for the kit, a bit much for a one time deal. She is going in on the 26th of this month, so if nothing come up, I most likely go without. Thanx...James

There is a big difference between pinning your balancer and cutting a key way into your crank.
If I were you I would return the balancer you purchased and get the proper balancer for your car.
I don’t think you can cut a key way without pulling the motor and pulling the crankshaft out and putting it into a mill to machine the key way.
There are some portable cutters out there but I don’t think you could use it with the engine still installed due to space and also the cost of said cutter isn’t cheap.
I think if you use that balancer as is without a key way I would be worried that if the balancer spun a bit on the crankshaft the key way just might damage your crankshaft.
With my pinning kit it drills a round hole,won’t work to make a square hole for a key way.

Users who are viewing this thread