Apr 9, 2019
St Catharines Ontario
VetteCoins
Car
1999 corvette
Province
ON
Hey all, was wondering if anyone had a pinning kit for sale or rent around the GTA. I was going to purchase one from summit , and it was an an ATI set up drilled from the outside instead of the front. My mechanic would rather do it that way instead of the front, and I agree. The harmonic balancer I am putting on has a keyway, the power bond PB1117SS made by Dayco, they wanted $234.00 Canadian shipped to me for the kit, a bit much for a one time deal. She is going in on the 26th of this month, so if nothing come up, I most likely go without. Thanx...James

There is a big difference between pinning your balancer and cutting a key way into your crank.
If I were you I would return the balancer you purchased and get the proper balancer for your car.
I don’t think you can cut a key way without pulling the motor and pulling the crankshaft out and putting it into a mill to machine the key way.
There are some portable cutters out there but I don’t think you could use it with the engine still installed due to space and also the cost of said cutter isn’t cheap.
I think if you use that balancer as is without a key way I would be worried that if the balancer spun a bit on the crankshaft the key way just might damage your crankshaft.
With my pinning kit it drills a round hole,won’t work to make a square hole for a key way.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread