Jan 29, 2009
On planet Earth
VetteCoins
Car
Long time no post peeps!

Since I started treatment last year, I had not cut my hair. I cannot recall why but recently at work, a colleague mentioned to me "it's time Pierre". My hair is just about as long as I had it in my 20's. The more I thought about this the more I realized that I needed to do something right, ergo the "Pierre's Hair Affair".

Sunnybrook Hospital and Dr. Gerard Morton in particular helped renew my lease on life. Call it PayBack or Pay-It-Forward, I created this event so that on October 7, 2011 and our return from our Bermuda cruise, I will shave/buzz my head down to the wood. We will video this for YouTube. My goal is to raise $2,000 for prostate cancer research and so far within 72 hours we are at $800 and climbing. This is thanks to some great Corvette friends too. Big shout-outs and high-fives to Rick, Maria, Patti and Deb from the Corvette posse.

If you feel like supporting Sunnybrook Hospital for this, please go to this link:

Pierre's Hair Affair

It will generate a tax receipt as well. Thank you very much all of you and PLEASE DO NOT FEEL OBLIGATED. Your kind words and support throughout this "Adventure have been so appreciated.

Peace.

Last edited:
Ha HA! Awesome!

So glad to have you back on here Pierre and to hear that you are doing better. I look forward to helping out when I get back from my trip.

I can't wait to see the pictures!

Here is the great news peeps. We raised $3,356 in practically no time. The number keeps climbing on occasion and I went through with the head shaving. I am officially bald with a major 5 o'clock shadow. fortunately my hair seems to be growing back with a vengeance (YAY).

Here is the great news peeps. We raised $3,356 in practically no time. The number keeps climbing on occasion and I went through with the head shaving. I am officially bald with a major 5 o'clock shadow. fortunately my hair seems to be growing back with a vengeance (YAY).

This thread diffenetly requires pictures !!!!

Yeah give us a little peek b4 it grows right back.:D

Huge congrats on the fundraiser. Sunnybrook must be very pleased and very grateful for your time and sacrifice.
icon14.gif

C.

No worries, Pierre, it's ok.....If the truth were known, I've often thought of 'trimming' mine right back too for convenience and whatever.-- tho I think it will take something like a fundraiser to make me finally bight the bullet.:D

The other problem I have is that I hate hats -- or they hate me, and I wouldn't want to get drafty on top.

I see you're making up for the 'drop top' with a little on the chin.

Cheers once again for the bravery all 'round.:D

Looks good Pierre! Think of all the time you'll save getting ready in the morning and the cost savings of not having to use shampoo! All time and money that can go into the surfer!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread