This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Picture for XFIRE

Does he perhaps know why so many restored 58 chevies have misaligned trim and front bumpers, otherwise known as CTS ?

That's great. Was wondering how Michael has been doing. Haven't seen him since a car swap meet in Red deer years ago.

Reactions: Dave91TM
Does he perhaps know why so many restored 58 chevies have misaligned trim and front bumpers, otherwise known as CTS ?
This is what x fire has to say about CTS. This is a direct quote.
As far as the front bumper alignment in the 58 , sounds weird but you have to start with lining up the front door to the body , then the fender to the door , then the 2 pot metal moldings below the headlights of which the short horizontal one can be difficult to get level and then align the bumper to it. The bumper is very flexible actually and the holes let you move it around but all things mentioned add up to the end result of getting that level parallel gap you pointed out to me. It's a very common thing to see them off a bit, if not tight then the bumper will even move over time or if a bumper jack was used to lift the car then that could even throw out the alignment.

Thanks so much BDK and Xfire. I will sleep much better now. I would never have thought the process would be front door, then fender then trim align, however it still strikes me as a time and patience thing to line up and, if you've paid big bucks for a resto, things be should lined up. On the other hand no shop can control what happens once the resto leaves. At least now we know why and I can quit complaining about CTS.(LOL)