3XVette

Casual User
2 You're 10
Jan 31, 2009
Newmarket, Ont
VetteCoins
Car
2005 Z51 vert
I picked my son up last week at school in the corvette and the next day alot of kids were teasing him calling him the rich kid.When he told me this i asked him what he did, he said he told them my dad isn't rich he just works real hard. I,m pretty proud of my boy, oh and he got his license yesterday its not called a 365 it's something else lol.

When he went i said you will need $20 to write it, he said what year are you living in 1940 lmao well thats what i paid many years ago. Total cost $125.00

Has anyone else had this happen to there kid at school?

Steve,

Great story. I think it only cost me $20 to write for my license and...wait I am getting old. But, it has only cost me $25 to renew my license every year since I began driving. The price has never gone up oddly enough.

I got to pick up my niece (grade 1) from school and I guess she was telling everyone that her uncle was coming to pick her up in his Corvette. Pretty funny, even the people in the office knew. Haha.

Well that sucks!! We all know it is only jealousy but how does us knowing that help. I find I have the exact opposite I have a girl about to get her licence and she cant find enough excuses for me to pick her up or drop her off in the Vette.

Must just be a random thing, you know how kids are some days its the coolest thing ever some days its not!

Brent

I don't know about school (yet) but my 4 year old was telling her hair dresser that her daddy has a corvette, that it's really really fast and that it has 4 rockets for blast off LOL... apparently that's what the 4 tailpipes look like to a 4 year old

I don't know about school (yet) but my 4 year old was telling her hair dresser that her daddy has a corvette, that it's really really fast and that it has 4 rockets for blast off LOL... apparently that's what the 4 tailpipes look like to a 4 year old

Kids arn't they great.:D

Your 4 year old has a hair dresser?

Last edited:
ohhh ya.. she loves getting her hair cut like a "princess" hahaha actually he's a family friend and owns his own hair salon and he just cuts her hair after he cuts the wife's LOL

The best part is when she describes that the car is really really fast and that you have to be careful to hold on tight and the rockets are dangerous...

I didn't mean to jack the thread but essentially the point is that kids (no matter what age they are) all have their own persepective and that some feel if you have a corvette, you're rich... they don't know that I have less money invested in my car than most families spend on a mini-van, it's the image. That leads to the question though, isn't image at least PART of the reason we drive these cars?

On the other side of the fence, why is having some disposable income perceived as such a big deal or being "rich"??? I'd tell my kids that we can afford these things becuase mom and dad don't gamble, travel excessively, have a mansion for a house, have a substance abuse issue or live beyond their means when it comes to other things :)

kids

It's funny how people percieve people as being rich or not rich!!...Lol!! I am the furthest thing away from being rich as you could nearly get!!!, but I work hard to enjoy my toys. My 5 year old son is as into cars as his dad is (what a good boy!:D) and even my 8 year old daughter is hooked as well! She knows the difference between a corvette and non-corvette. But her favorite that she always wants me to pick her up in is the Limo, hahaha!. (still a princess ya know!!)

Very Very well said HLN A55!! most people have no idea why they can afford nice things, if they could all read your list it might help.

Good Articulation of a difficult subject.

Brent

Thanks for the compliment...

Its the same for my folks and their house. Everyone think's my dad is loaded becuase he's Italian and lives in a 1.3 million dollar house when in fact he's worked his whole life and never really been foolish with his money... (OK well he did help pay for my FIRST marriage but that was more my fault LOL)

Very Very well said HLN A55!! most people have no idea why they can't afford nice things, if they could all read your list it might help.

Good Articulation of a difficult subject.

Brent

:agree: well said HLN A55!

Kids are cool and can be flightly. My 12 year old boy is a car nut but the 9 yr old boy is kind-of take it or leave it, althouth he never turns down a ride. The 12 yr old wants me to do a burn out in the school parking lot, I think that would cause an issue :rofl:

3XVETTE
The perception at school will change as they get older. Soon all his friends will want a ride :D

I love when people throw the "you must be rich" comment at me or something similar. I just tell them I paid less for my Vette than they did for their boring DD and it gets better mileage too. Shuts 'em up every time. :D

i got " rich parents " thing for a while, and now sometime i just go with it and tell people, yeah, my parents are loaded and they buy everything for me, just to simplify things.

- Kons

I love when people throw the "you must be rich" comment at me or something similar. I just tell them I paid less for my Vette than they did for their boring DD and it gets better mileage too. Shuts 'em up every time. :D

You and Kons are both so right, I could by 2 1/2 of my vette for what my DD cost but people have no clue! But in all honesty that is part of what I love about these cars I can feel and look like a big shot without having to pay for it! Lets be honest if these cars were as common as Cavaliers none of us would have them and there sure wouldn't be a forum for us to go to.

Brent

You and Kons are both so right, I could by 2 1/2 of my vette for what my DD cost but people have no clue! But in all honesty that is part of what I love about these cars I can feel and look like a big shot without having to pay for it! Lets be honest if these cars were as common as Cavaliers none of us would have them and there sure wouldn't be a forum for us to go to.

Brent

Sorry to burst your bubble Brent, but there are many forums for the Chevy Cavalier. Maybe if you compared the Vette to Hyundai, but then again, lots of forums for them as well. I used to own a '90 Z24 and an '85 Pony myself.

I don't believe it's how common a vehicle is, it's the passion for the vehicle itself that tends to draw us to it. Not to mention money and practicality. 20 years ago, it was the Cavalier for me. And I'm grateful that today I can go out and afford a Corvette.

There is no bubble to burst, I could not agree more! When I had diffent income levels I to had a bunch of vehicles that were the best I could afford and I totally made the best of it, as a matter of fact oneof my favorite old cars was my first a beat up 74 Satelite Sebring, Man I loved that car and I did everything I could to make it as good a possible,sanding a painting where I could, trading people what ever I had for old rims to try to make look like new.....

Any how I know that there are forums for every vehicle on the road, I meant that there is a very different feel to the online community when you are talking about Corvettes as compaired to Ponys.

Brent

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.