You pay 35 for renewal or is that just for vanity plate... We pay over $80 per vehicle for annual renewal

35$ just because its a custom plate, you still have to pay regular plates on top of it. licence plates here are 200$ or more each year depending on the cylinders. Maybe small cars pay a little lower than that. My work van is between 500$-600$

35$ just because its a custom plate, you still have to pay regular plates on top of it. licence plates here are 200$ or more each year depending on the cylinders. Maybe small cars pay a little lower than that. My work van is between 500$-600$

With the benefit of equalization and fees like that among other grabs in Quebec,
it’s no wonder why I hear the provincial budget is in pretty good shape. WOW.
Do you actually see anything “good” in return from paying that much when registering vehicles in Quebec ??? WOW

Last edited:
Reactions: kerry4

We in Ontario pay about 330$ for a pers plate

Reactions: kerry4
With equalization and fees like that among much more, it’s no wonder why the provincial budget is in good shape. WOW. Do you actually see anything “good” in return from paying that much when registering vehicles ??? WOW

Anything good? The obvious answer is no unless you get an accident then you'll receive a check. If they screw you over that check I bet they do like all other government organisation. My GMC Savana plated as a private owner was around 320$ but as soon as I plated it as a commercial work truck they added several hundred dollars more.

I checked my paperwork and my old van GMC Savana decreased the second year I owned it to 486$ then I replaced it with another used Chevy Express van in September with credit and all and I paid a total of 655$ for 2019.

Driver's permit is 86$

You pay 35 for renewal or is that just for vanity plate... We pay over $80 per vehicle for annual renewal
If the vette cost you 100k more the license plate will be 1000 dollars for ordering a personnalized plate the cost will be 250 dollars but rise to 1000 plus management each year 35, so each year 1035 dollars , when the evaluation goes below 100k to 60k the price will lower atound 450 maybe more + 35 for management , below 60k the license plate will be normal 250 plus 35, and all that it is for each year, at 60k they call that a luxury car at 100k it is another think luxury more don't remember you also pay for the v8 engine no mather if your plate cost you 150 dollars for a small 4 cylinder car or 1000 dollars for a 100k car if you have an accident with injuries you get pay but you not got pay more because it cost 1000 dollars , (the amount you get pay if you have injuries is a fixed percentage 90% of your revenue + many more options for more money expenses etc etc) , the evaluation of the plate goes with only the price, this is a steel from Qc clown business peoples , tabernak i am moving to Ontario in 21

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: OL Yeller
If the vette cost you 100k more the license plate will be 1000 dollars for ordering a personnalized plate the cost will be 250 dollars but rise to 1000 plus management each year 35, so each year 1035 dollars , when the evaluation goes below 100k to 60k the price will lower atound 450 maybe more + 35 for management , below 60k the license plate will be normal 250 plus 35, and all that it is for each year, at 60k they call that a luxury car at 100k it is another think luxury more don't remember you also pay for the v8 engine no mather if your plate cost you 150 dollars for a small 4 cylinder car or 1000 dollars for a 100k car you if you have an accident with injuries you get pay but you not got pay more because it cost 1000 dollars , the evaluation of the plate goes with only the price, this is a steel from Qc neck tie clown business peoples , tabernak i am moving to Ontario in 21
Dan that is insane! Also where have all those gas tax dollars gone that were to fix the roads???

• Agree
Reactions: OL Yeller
i cant believe anyone would buy those. they aren't even that good and not clever either. I actually just ordered one myself. I wound up looking to deflect.the attention so I used mine to pose a question: WHO IS Q

In Ontario personalized plates cost $310 and although you may be able to transfer them to a family member when I purchased mine (3 now) I was informed you will take the plates to your grave because you're not legally allowed to sell them.............ha ha!

Apparently the rules have changed as follows........

Transfers and gift certificates
A personalized licence plate can be transferred only once to anyone before it is attached to a vehicle.

You can purchase a gift certificate for a personalised licence plate at a ServiceOntario centre. Gift certificates are not available for sample plates or replacement licence plates.

Cost
For passenger or commercial vehicles
  • 2 to 8 characters (letters and/or numbers) without a graphic - $310
  • 2 to 6 characters (letters and/or numbers) with a graphic - $336.40

Last edited:
In Ontario personalized plates cost $310 and although you may be able to transfer them to a family member when I purchased mine (3 now) I was informed you will take the plates to your grave because you're not legally allowed to sell them.............ha ha!

Apparently the rules have changed as follows........

Transfers and gift certificates
A personalized licence plate can be transferred only once to anyone before it is attached to a vehicle.

You can purchase a gift certificate for a personalised licence plate at a ServiceOntario centre. Gift certificates are not available for sample plates or replacement licence plates.

Cost
For passenger or commercial vehicles
  • 2 to 8 characters (letters and/or numbers) without a graphic - $310
  • 2 to 6 characters (letters and/or numbers) with a graphic - $336.40
I had a Porsche several years ago with personal plates and transferred them to the next owner who wasn't a family member. Was a bit of a hassle but got it done. Never charged him for the plates. Maybe I should have.

In NB, it cost approx $180.00 for a pp. We are now officially a one plate province as of April 2019. Previous to that, if we wanted to only run 1 plate, we had to buy a Seasonal plate (personalized was still $180.00) and had to pay an extra $50.00 per year just to keep the seasonal plate.
When they changed to the 1 plate law. we got our personalized seasonal plate transfered to a regular plate at no charge.
I have 4SUMERZ as my PP

In NB, it cost approx $180.00 for a pp. We are now officially a one plate province as of April 2019. Previous to that, if we wanted to only run 1 plate, we had to buy a Seasonal plate (personalized was still $180.00) and had to pay an extra $50.00 per year just to keep the seasonal plate.
When they changed to the 1 plate law. we got our personalized seasonal plate transfered to a regular plate at no charge.
I have 4SUMERZ as my PP
One plate so lucky, Ontario was talking about it but O.P.P said no I think

$200.00 here for vanity. We get 2 plates but only have to use one. Non transferable to another owner and no yearly charge other than regular vehicle registration.

This one is taken (Ont):
Screenshot_20200131-125224.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: ddgermann
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.