Black Flag Bandit
Mar 13, 2021
Toronto, ON
VetteCoins
Car
2019 ZR1 ZTK A8
Province
ON
Does anyone here have experience with performance mods / tuning their LT5? Looking for advice / experience on what works and what to stay away from. Also looking for a tuning shop that knows and understands the platform well.

I know that Davenport obtained their own 19C7ZR1
that they took care of right from the factory via a local GM dealership.
They did their own PDI - I saw the car arrive in their shop.
They worked on it and should know quite a bit
about the ride - contact them for further details though.
It would be an invested trip but it's all
yours to explore. After all it's a ZR1 :thumbs:

Last edited:
Here's the list of power goodies added to the car:

* Kooks headers (2" collectors and 3" pipe)
* Kooks 3" catless down pipes and X-pipe to stock axle back mufflers
* HP Tuners unlocked ECU
* Prometh 8 nozzle direct port injection
* Alky control methanol injection controller w/ solenoid
* Cordes Performance 5" intake and airbox
* Stock blower CNC ported by Kong Performance
* Kong upper pulley
* Katech 160 deg. thermostat
* Custom dyno tune by AGP Speed & Performance, Newmarket, ON

The car makes 818 WHP and 806 TQ on the dyno. Pulls like a freight train all the way to redline an maintains daily drivability. 🚀 Very happy with the end result. :thumbs:

Attachments

• ZR1 Dyno Pull.pdf
    263.2 KB · Views: 12
Here's the list of power goodies added to the car:

* Kooks headers (2" collectors and 3" pipe)
* Kooks 3" catless down pipes and X-pipe to stock axle back mufflers
* HP Tuners unlocked ECU
* Prometh 8 nozzle direct port injection
* Alky control methanol injection controller w/ solenoid
* Cordes Performance 5" intake and airbox
* Stock blower CNC ported by Kong Performance
* Kong upper pulley
* Katech 160 deg. thermostat
* Custom dyno tune by AGP Speed & Performance, Newmarket, ON

The car makes 818 WHP and 806 TQ on the dyno. Pulls like a freight train all the way to redline an maintains daily drivability. 🚀 Very happy with the end result. :thumbs:

Sweet numbers.

Question, as I have the Z not the ZR1 so I am just genuinely curious, is the ZR1 exhaust that much different that when you do headers you still need to do the downpipes? That confuses me as the LT4 you either do headers or downpipe, not both since headers take away need for downpipe unless you do shorty's.

Sweet numbers.

Question, as I have the Z not the ZR1 so I am just genuinely curious, is the ZR1 exhaust that much different that when you do headers you still need to do the downpipes? That confuses me as the LT4 you either do headers or downpipe, not both since headers take away need for downpipe unless you do shorty's.
The X-pipe I used will work with or without the Kooks green cats. They supply short pipes that connect the headers to the x-pipe. Your right, they're not really down pipes. If your going with headers, I'd stay away away from the 2" collectors as they have some slight clearance issues. The 2" collector rubs on the steering shaft when the car is under load and turning right.

So you purchased another ECU that is unlocked by HP tuners? Did you have to turn in your original ECU for a core thing or you kept it? Care to share the cost of just getting the ECU to be tuneable by either actually unlocking your original ECU or purchasing an unlocked ECU by HP tuners?

If I am correct even if you install an unlocked ECU you still need a tuner to go thru it with HP tuners software to sync all the modules in the car, recognize your fobs and other stuff for it to be actually useable in the car is that right?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.