Love Stangs, had two of them of which one was a Boss302 which I regret selling.
But......Vette is in a completely different league in virtually all areas.

A few years back I got the windows tinted on the Vette and there was a brand new Mustang GT parked in front of my car inside the garage bay. It looked great no doubt, but one of the guys in shop remarked "that's the only time you'll ever see a Mustang in front of Vette"--everyone chuckled! Good hearted fun but seriously they are apples and oranges as another poster said--frankly not worth comparing in my view.

At some point though, I'll likely be stalking a GT350 to bring home and sit alongside the Vette.;)

Reactions: RockyPM and YFCvii
Not a Mustang story, but in the same vein.

So, this past summer, not being able to drive much during this Corona-thing (no places really to go as a "destination" that weren't packed shoulder-to-shoulder with City-folk escaping their local restrictions) I took the C7 out for a spin. On my way home, I stopped in to Tim's for a coffee. I parked, as usual, far from the entrance with only a Porsche 911 (maybe 2 years old?) a couple of spaces away. Driving it is a very young guy with his lady, both maybe late teens or early 20's. Probably the car is Daddy's summer toy. Windows are down, they're sipping on some cold drinks.

My window is down, as I pull up and turn off the engine, I overhear quite clearly the young guy saying to his lady "only old pharts drive 'Vettes, and they're pieces of crap". Got out of the car, intending to ignore it, but I couldn't help myself, and said to them "Hey, dude, you're right, it is only old men driving Corvettes. By the way, that car is really a beauty.......does it come in Men's?" Young lady proceeds to spit out her mouthful of whatever she was drinking all over the dash, and laughs. Young guy turns beet red.

Mission sort of accomplished, and I didn't even feel bad about making him look like a dork in front of his girl.

LLC

Way to go man! I did this to a dufuss also in a Porsche in similar circumstances. " What's it like to drive a glorified Volkswagen?" Didn't hear much after that. My boss quickly replaced his 10 year old Acura NSX with a new Audi R8 Convertable last year when one of his acquaintances teased him about showing up in his Honda. But that's his problem.

I love Mustangs, mid-to-late sixties, that is.

But there's something special about something like this staring at you through your rear view mirror:

IMG_4627.JPG

Mustangs can't do that.
d0632.gif
g0664.gif

:Biggrin:

maybe we need a new thread called Porsche Put Downs.
I had a friend who bought an older 911, white. It was some special stripped down model. He fired it up, I listened and said "Its great, lsame colour as a refrigerator and sounds like a volkswagen beetle."

Reactions: Dik
maybe we need a new thread called Porsche Put Downs.
We might...

In Spring of 2019 I had my car in a small shop for PPF and window tint. The shop had two spots for cars. The other customer's vehicle was a grey GT2RS. I was quite impressed with it but the two employees only had eyes for the Vette and didn't seem to care for the Porsche anymore. It seemed to have lost its "special" factor once parked beside the Z. Maybe they did not quite understand what that car was.... :rolleyes:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.