Aug 25, 2019
Edmonton
VetteCoins
Car
2015 2LT Z51
Province
AB
I have had the opportunity to take the Vette to work several times this summer, and I must say, I certainly got lots of looks and complements. People want to know who owns the Vette in the parking lot, and would sometimes strike up a conversation about it with me, even though I didn’t realize they knew it was mine, so I assume that they were talking with each other to find out who’s it was. One guy just yesterday asked when I might take him for a ride in it. This brings me to my point about the rivalry between the Vette owners and the Mustang owners. We have had in the past, and currently have a Mustang GT that parks in the lot, and I must say, it just doesn’t get the comments my car does. I do like most mustangs, I really do, but they just don’t garner the attention that a Corvette does. Perhaps if someone came to work in a GT500, it might be a contest, but until then, the crown belongs to the beauty of the Vette.

I think the Mustang suffers from commonality; there are so many of them and a lot are V6s. And, I would think that for most people, they cannot tell the difference between the various models. The Camaro pretty much suffers the same problem. But when it comes to a Corvette, they are not so common. Then throw in the hype around the C8.

Have fun and enjoy the envy of everyone who wish they had a C8.

There is a mystique surrounding all Vettes, anchored in the uncommonality of the brand, it's unusual shape as opposed to other vehicles, a sort of "exclusive few" who are privileged to own one. and the inherent jealousy of those who don't. The one pictured here on the right will be gone in four days (sold), so I will be on the hunt for another!

I too like the mustang but commonality is the problem like another one said. You can order a mustang and get it in three weeks it seems. They have no end of supply it seems. For a thing of beauty we must wait. I have been waiting for 13 months an am being told 7-8 more months before mine comes in.

Reactions: Rruuff Day
I have never been a Ford fan, but they absolutely nailed the Thunderbird and the Mustang when they resurrected them. You see one coming, there is no mistaking what it is. Not like the Camaro, still can't figure out what it is until it's under my nose. But yes, as mentioned already, the commonality of the Mustang diminishes the wow factor, while any year Corvette is cause to rubberneck. Or maybe that's just me, I've loved Vettes since I was a kid.

Reactions: Tin-can
I have never been a Ford fan, but they absolutely nailed the Thunderbird and the Mustang when they resurrected them. You see one coming, there is no mistaking what it is. Not like the Camaro, still can't figure out what it is until it's under my nose. But yes, as mentioned already, the commonality of the Mustang diminishes the wow factor, while any year Corvette is cause to rubberneck. Or maybe that's just me, I've loved Vettes since I was a kid.

In my opinion. they nailed there trucks as well. I have a 22 year old diesel that still runs and looks like new. A water pump last winter has been the extent of my repairs. I took this picture 2 years ago....

Rruuffs truck.JPG

Reactions: 61ratvette
I have had the opportunity to take the Vette to work several times this summer, and I must say, I certainly got lots of looks and complements. People want to know who owns the Vette in the parking lot, and would sometimes strike up a conversation about it with me, even though I didn’t realize they knew it was mine, so I assume that they were talking with each other to find out who’s it was. One guy just yesterday asked when I might take him for a ride in it. This brings me to my point about the rivalry between the Vette owners and the Mustang owners. We have had in the past, and currently have a Mustang GT that parks in the lot, and I must say, it just doesn’t get the comments my car does. I do like most mustangs, I really do, but they just don’t garner the attention that a Corvette does. Perhaps if someone came to work in a GT500, it might be a contest, but until then, the crown belongs to the beauty of the Vette.
No Pay Raise for you - you own a Vette. LOL

Ford has more "retro" models than any other manufacturer .... and Im not impressed with their designs but they are making a load of money. ... I wonder when Ford will bring back the Model T or the Edsel?

:Reddevil:

Last edited:
Camaro, Mustang and the Challanger suffer from commonality. Only a car buff knows which decals, call-outs or carbon fiber bits designate a performance car. For example, to my wife they are all the same.
Further, each of the above cars are muscle or pony cars. The Corvette is a sports car.

.... Apples and oranges to me.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Easy answer. The Mustang and Camaro are $20,000 cars that have parts added to them. What price does the Vette start at? Not in the same league.
I have a '93 Trans Am (LT1 motor) and a '14 Z51.

I agree with apples and oranges. In the mid sixties to early seventies you had some incredible muscle cars and pony cars, but I always looked at corvette as the top of the heap. I clearly remember the 1st corvette I ever saw ( Burgundy, 65 or 66, coupe, tan interior) but I do not remember the 1st of any other car. As a kid I had a mustang, at the time it was great, on hindsight, it was a rust bucket that handled poorly. I look at the new mustangs, camaros and challengers. Yes they are good cars with sometimes mind boggling performance, but the cost of the top machines is as much or more than a corvette, and you see one of them on every street.
So, in my humble opinion, you have Corvettes and then you have everything else.

I'm a fan of both. My gf had three different Mustangs in the past. She had a 2012 V6 which got traded in for a 2010 GT500 and then moved up to a 2013 GT500. Then my gf got into BMW's and now she is into Audi's.

She currently drives a 2007 RS4.

One thing is for sure is that my Corvettes got more love from people on the street then both of the GT500's ever did.

I'm currently looking into a nice uniquely built 2016 Mustang Ecoboost.

Yes you've read that right, an Ecoboost 😁

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.