search google is you like guitars and the corvette colour lemans blue

hope this is OK to post do not wish to link to another site,

Jeff

Sharp looking guitar Jeff.... Unfortunately another guitar is the last thing I need.... Now if it came in DSOM.... hmmmmm.....

IMG_20150911_201348.jpg

Eric, I have seen lots of guitars, factory made, homemade, cigar box and all sorts of weird and wonderful instruments. Never seen a guitar made out of a 1971 Mustang Fender.:thumbs::Biggrin:

Bet your angst is real at selling that one.:Banghead:

I have a Collings I35 LC tobacco burst for sale if anyone is looking.

Reactions: Rruuff Day
Eric, I have seen lots of guitars, factory made, homemade, cigar box and all sorts of weird and wonderful instruments. Never seen a guitar made out of a 1971 Mustang Fender.:thumbs::Biggrin:

Collings make a gorgeous gorgeous guitar Murray and your I35 LC is to die for for any avid guitarist who doesn't have one....I have never owned a hollow body electric (or in this case a semi hollow) and have drooled over buying one for many years... If I was 20 years younger and had I been able to afford your Collings when I was, we might be having a totally different discussion...The Collings guitars are masterpieces and anyone will be very fortunate to own it. :thumbs:

And as for the production of the Mustang Fender, that was a result of recycling and economics.... It is quite common to happen upon a mustang fender along the road that has simply fallen off the car, so in the interest of reducing road clutter, they started making them into guitars....:rolleyes:... And if Bill or Riley happen upon this post, I'm sure we will hear a different perspective on my theory.... :Biggrin:

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
Too funny Eric but good for you being environmentally conscious.

Sadly Bill Collings passed away at a much too young age earlier this year. He was a hard core guitar and car guy who built his own hot rods. Cool guy. I love this guitar but just cannot play it anymore my hands just cause me so much grief. The actual colour is a little more "reddish" I think.
IMG_5268.jpg

Awesome Guitar Pics :thumbs:
Here's my Daughter's Les Paul Studio Tobacco which I really like as it has a few interesting features
and a Sunburst Epiphone Special-II that she really liked and inspired her to wanting the Les Paul.
She enjoys switching between our Fender tube Amp and her Marshall Amp (Mom - earbuds & ipod)
I have a Traditional Les Paul - ("Intimidator" Solid Black of course) ... a rather heavy solid piece.
I graduated to a Gibson from a Univox Les Paul take-off as a kid in a basement band.
Enjoyed playing Bass for a while until I realized a lot of screw-ups was because "the Bass Player" kept messing up ...
Too bad ... this hasn't been like riding a bike for me ... I get "brain farts" when playing now ... darn
IMG_3519.JPG IMG_3520.JPG IMG_3522.JPG

(should play a guess-game for who signatures those are ... I might have to give hints as they were a Boy Band of my Z-Generation Daughter's liking/era)

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.