This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Parts compatibility and cross reference

Jun 30, 2018
Dollard des Ormeaux, PQ
VetteCoins
Car
1986 Corvette
Province
QC
I have recently been pleasantly pleased to have fixed my Corvette while saving a chunk of change while doing it. First situation, my 1986 Vette had a problem with the blower motor resistor. Being the higher level automatic A/C system, the replacement part from the usual US Vette parts suppliers was pushing $100 plus shipping. With a little research, I discovered that this system was also incorporated on the Cadillacs and upscale Buicks and Oldsmobiles of this era. Sure enough, I was able to locate a wrecked '91 Caddy in the local scrapyard, and $20 later, all works perfectly. Even the factory part numbers were identical. Second situation, the wiper motor on my '85 started acting funny, yet again was a $100+ replacement cost. Do a little research, and I discovered that the Camaros, Firebirds, and a few other GM vehicles utilized the same motor, but with differently configured wiper motor control covers. Found one off of an '85 Camaro, and for a lowly $27.00. Just used the original Vette cover. Always check around to see if there is an identical part which would fit your vehicle. The same unit is sold at a higher price with a Corvette part number, but alas far cheaper with a part number from another division.