AllFlash

Power User
Jul 25, 2014
Niagara
VetteCoins
Car
2015 Z06
So...before this morning, I had never used a pain sealant in my life. I was always afraid of not getting it on evenly and whatnot. In getting my complete XPEL package on the Z06, I read everywhere about a way to take care of the XPEL, as well as the paint (as well as glass and plastic so it seems). The consistent that seemed to come up for ease of application and time between applications seemed to be Blackfire products, more specifically Blackfire Crystal Seal as a sealant.

With XPEL or other paint protection films, this probably has the strongest support as it is COMPLETELY clear on application and will not eventually discolor the edges of your film. As well, this sealant is a very simple spray on and wipe with a very fine sponge or micropad in both directions so it as to not miss a spot. It cures in an hour or so and evens its coat while doing so.

Here are a few shots. Keep in mind this is a two week old covering of XPEL which has yet to completely cure (installer said the Sealant would be ok at this time)... ...did I state the entire application took me maybe 10 minutes max?

Blackfire Crystal Seal Front.jpg

Blackfire Crystal Seal Hood.jpg

Blackfire Crystal Seal Side.jpg

Blackfire Crystal Seal Side Dark.jpg

I'm impressed that the EXPEL doesn't affect the shine of the paint. That looks really good! Did you notice the sealant adding more of a gloss or is it just a sealant?

Also, just to confirm, you can use the sealant for the glass as well as the headlights?

Yes..., the sealant is for paint, glass, metals, and hard plastics. My car is brand new with new XPEL...so very shiny. This made a noticeable difference after I polished it by hand, although polishing by hand is not necessary whatsoever. I did paint, glass, headlights and all Stage 1 aero plastics..

Yes..., the sealant is for paint, glass, metals, and hard plastics. My car is brand new with new XPEL...so very shiny. This made a noticeable difference after I polished it by hand, although polishing by hand is not necessary whatsoever. I did paint, glass, headlights and all Stage 1 aero plastics..
Hi, great pictures. How are the Xpel and coating holding up? Are there any issues with the sealant and Xpel. I am about to get my car fully wrapped and want to know the after care.
Thanks

@AllFlash - where did you get yours done? would you recommend them?
Hi Sik. The preferred shop for Xpel for the Corvette Club of Ontario is Touch of Tint on Eastgate Dr. in Mississauga. You can call Mike at 647-801-7611.
They just did a 2019 Black Grand Sport and a 2018 White Z06 for members. Very happy with the service and the results. Hey, by the way, your new garage looks great!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.