I will see how this works on my Z06 this spring. In the early fall and high 20's temps, the car was great. I think only may have problems at the track.
The only time I've heard of the issue has been at the track or at the parking lot autocross events. I have modded stingray with an aftermarket supercharger and cooling and on a heavy track day this past summer coolant boiled over so it's just one of those things that's tough to avoid when you push the cars. It's a bit embarrassing especially when you are surrounded by a bunch of Porsche people that dont seem to have the issue but all is good.

Reactions: ddgermann
I've seen it happen in later models such as a 2018 but as I said it seems to happen when running the cars at high rpms and it doesn't seem to matter whether or not it's a hot day or cooler day as I've seen it happen in the late fall where temps where only in the teens. Each time including the time it happen to me was back to back runs at high rpms.

• Informative
Reactions: ddgermann
Auto Z06 cars 17+ will still be likely to overheat on track due to the fact that they did not get the auxiliary cooler installed (a transmission cooler is already in that spot). The 19 Z06 A8's will still have some issues as while the radiator did get a bit bigger and the intercooler pump improved, it is just not a viable track car.

The M7 Z06 17+ cars have the good odds of not overheating on track, with the 19's standing the best chance. It is all thrown out the window if the intercooler system is not bled properly.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread