xlr8r

Power User
Apr 23, 2012
Alberta
VetteCoins
Car
Well folks,

Vacation time is upon me this week. The 'Vette isn't going anywhere this trip, but here's a preview of what's coming. There's pictures of forum memebers showing their golf-addictions out there.:agree: golf rules--nothing better than rolling up to the course in your 'Vette, especially with the cart-girl riding shotgun!

Anyways, it's not 100% certain yet, I'll post pics if it happens. I'm talkikg about heading off to San Francisco tomorrow AM and playing Pebble Beach on Wednesday. Normally, only guests at their hotel are welcome on the course--but if there's openings the day before, Joe Public can get on. I've got my dad calling in, as I'll be in the air the moment the pro-shop opens their doors.:D

Oh yeah, I'll also be cruising Sonoma for a few days--this is where I wish I had the 'Vette. Anyone with golf, winery, or tourist suggestions for the Sonoma area--or even Monterey, feel free to chime in.:rolleyes:

WISH ME LUCK!:seeya:

Last edited:
That's so cool.....I would love to play Pebble......

I am also off on a golf vacation tomorrow, not as far south as you, but to a little resort in Pennsivainia........ good food, great hosts and unlimited golf on a tricky little track. This is an annual thing for us and our friends from Woodstock.

Hit em' straight, and have fun.....and if you see Clint down in Monterey, say hey for me.

Oakland Market kitty corner to Robert Mondavi Winery - must go
Mondavi Estate - great tastings and good wines
Chateau St. Jean Estate - buy the Cinq Cepages Cab Sauv
Cakebread Cellers Estate - must go
Moet & Chandon have an estate there also.

So many great estates around Russian River. depends on how much time you have.

Oakland Market kitty corner to Robert Mondavi Winery - must go
Mondavi Estate - great tastings and good wines
Chateau St. Jean Estate - buy the Cinq Cepages Cab Sauv
Cakebread Cellers Estate - must go
Moet & Chandon have an estate there also.

So many great estates around Russian River. depends on how much time you have.

I have a few days. I did Cakebread last trip--same with Mondavi. Do they have wineries in Sonoma as well? I was in Napa that time. Cakebread was charming, to say the least.

Last edited:
So, here's a few pics--a couple highlights at the end--as there was definantly some magic out there for me. My comment on the $475 green fee, plus $85 caddie fee (plus $60 tip) was that this is a total rip-off--BUT OH SO WORTH EVERY PENNY!!!!:D

DSC01359.jpg

My kick-in birdie on 18--almost jarred it for eagle. Magically, I was -3 under on the the par 5's that day. This included a birdie on one of the toughest par 5's on tour. Phil Mickelson took a 13 there once!!:rofl:

DSC01348.jpg

Great shot from the 18th tee. What water down the left??:rolleyes:

DSC01331.jpg

One of the smallest greens on tour--anything above the pin from this angle and you're in tough to not putt it off the green.

DSC01322.jpg

I holed-out from here to save par...................on this famous hole--see below, you may recognize it.

DSC01317.jpg

I put a sand-wedge over the green and into a rocky grave below........

Here's another look.

DSC01318.jpg

And.....

DSC01314.jpg

the hole before is another famous par-5. Yup, birdied this too!! Was loving my round, although I had a stumble on both sides of the turn. It kept me from breaking 80 for the day.

All in all, I had the time of my life, and am glad to strike this from the bucket list. I say this is worth the price of admission--for just a sniff of the history. Since I'll never play Augusta, what else other than St. Andrews can I play to be surrounded by so many famous holes and history!

Hope you all enjoy, and anyone going on this pilgramige is more than welcome to fire me a message on tips for the trip.

cheers,

Vince.

Last edited:
I'm Just speachless.......... And you made bird on 18 as well. ... not to mention the 13th.... that's some nice round and what a memory.......
I am green with envy...........
great pictures and account of your day....thanks for sharing.

WOW!!! Thanks for sharing. Great pictures. Nice score!!!
I guess the struggling US economy has made them drop their prices.
Four years ago the Green fee was $695.00

Some thing in life are worth getting gouged for. This is one of them.

Still on my bucket list.:canada:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread