Nik

Staff member
Power User
Administrator
Beta
Jan 11, 2009
VetteCoins
As I have been keenly alluding to we will be shortly launching a new companion website that aims to be a more blog/article/magazine like experience than our CCF forums.

The idea and mission of this new site is as follows:

1. Create a blog like format for new and original Corvette related articles. This will hopefully result in much more 'viral' content that will attract more readers. We will also hopefully have a proper editorial staff to beautify and push new content on an ongoing basis.

2. Forums can be a little scary for the uninitiated so a blog is sometimes a better way to ease someone into a discussion about a topic they're passionate about. The blog will hopefully serve this purpose and attract new users of CCF.

3. Events - we will have a very sophisticated events engine with geo-located events, map searches, calendars, rsvp, payment processing and event ticketing, QR/bar codes and ticket printing etc for we hope lots of Corvette related events/cruises etc. Events will be crowd sourced so we will permit users to submit event details and they will be published after a short review on the site.

4. Forum integration - at launch the new site will be disconnected from CCF other than some links, once we upgrade our forum platform I will be tightly integrating it so that for example users who want to comment on an article will in fact be commenting on our forums.

5. Shop - CCF and other apparel and goodies will be sold here.

In CCF fashion the site will be free of pesky ads and things that get in the way.

So stay tuned, it's days away from launch. Thread will be updated with the final name/address of the new site.

We are (I sincerely hope) mere days away from launching the new site with some featured articles as well as the first featured MITM event. I will create a new thread when the soft launch happens.

Big thanks to @ddgermann these last few days for shaking things down and getting dirty with some web content writing for the MITM event.

A big thanx to NIK, Derek and the others behind the scenes...
We can’t wait to see how you have made our lives better.
“We’re not worthy!”

Graham

Confucius say If progress waited for those who were deemed worthy, there would be no progress.... Ok....It was really me who just said that but it sounds like something Confucius might say....Lmao....

1CA329BE-5E8C-4B09-8DAE-70A6E278C796.jpeg
Not Confucius... more like Wayne’s World not worthy...

Graham