This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Ordering a Corvette 101 Start to delivery

I'm in Sarnia. We only have one dealer. Maybe that helps?
Not complaining, just adding another perspective to the topic.
Honestly, I don't think ordering at the WN or Cullens of the province would have helped much.
Yes it would have, as for example Tracy and Jeff at Cullens would tell where you started on the list, where you are now, how many allocations they got, how many they expect and when based on that info, you can expect to get your allocation and expect delivery.

I'm next in line on their order list.
I mentioned that in a prior post on the same subject, reply to Murray, I think?
Cullen in St. Cath or Guelph?

Prior referencee to pecking order in this thread..."because it’s next in line to be picked up" from my dealer salesman.
C8 Z06 Coupe 1LZ for $295,000 and 2LZ for $329,800

There is a high probability that you are not next in line to order and even if you are it won’t happen any time soon. The wait times across the country are around 2 years, so if you think you will get an allocation after only few months then either you are lying to yourself or your dealer is lying to you. But I have no horse in this race, so i am out.

"Always with the negative waves, Moriarty, always with the negative waves." - Oddball. Kelly's Heroes.

Something that must happen fairly often, unless I missed mention of it, is what happens if your order is late to the game, like mine, and the model year changes before the buyer gets an allocation? How does that work? Sorry I'm late to this game, too.

I think that was covered, but it depends on the dealer usually, though this MY changeover has dramatic effects due to the price increase. IF you signed a purchase agreement for a 2024 before pricing was announced, but the dealer agreed to sell you it at the 2023 prices then you are guaranteed that price. IF however you sign a purchase agreement for a 2023 and the model year switches before you get an allocation then your purchase agreement becomes null and void and a new one must be created for a 2024. If you have signed nothing then you get to order the 2024 at the new price. Beware. Not all purchase agreements are the same. Read it carefully before you sign it.

That's pretty much what I assumed, but thanks for the clarification.
I'm in the "signed the 2023 MY order, but nothing for 2024 MY", so it will have become null and void.
Starting over will be my fate, price permitting.
Used prices might be looking almost "reasonable", depending on new final numbers, I'll guess.

Reactions: Murray20c8
I received my allocation Thursday for a Stingray Vert. I did need to alter my order based on parts availability. One question, did any of you experience getting an unavailable part(s) suddenly become available and make it back on your order? Hope that makes sense.

My salesman kept me up to date until it went 3000, so I could modify it.

I take it all back, for obvious reasons. I cancelled a "recon mission" for a used option last night, after I placed the 2024 order yesterday, and the sales guy I dealt with was not bothered at all. He actually congratulated me on the 2024 purchase, and mentioned he just got his Z06 himself, and loves it. It's (still) all good.

Reactions: KTJF and Bunny hop
I ordered yesterday, and no blow back. Order (so far) is in and accepted.
Here's my order more or less - post #18, for reference.
Torch Red or Rapid Blue?

Reactions: Sea Wolf Z06
Can's get the GM letter about DCT filter change to open.
I'm not sure I have that or the most current one. I'll load the one I have but you can tell the dealer to look up the number.
They begin with the year it's written, so the most current one should be 2023-601R02

Attachments

• GM Home Office Letter.pdf
    405.1 KB · Views: 0
I'm not sure I have that or the most current one. I'll load the one I have but you can tell the dealer to look up the number.
They begin with the year it's written, so the most current one should be 2023-601R02
Thanks Murray, worked fine. I had the one for 2022 and had to use it when I took my 2022 HTC into Humberview more than a year ago. Wanted to have the 2023 on file so that I could access it when I needed it for friends who have newer C8s.

Wasn't there a letter that said the DCT filter change *didn't* have to be done with the first engine oil change? Like most folks, I won't have 12k km in one year, so was hoping to get the DCT filter done with second free engine oil change

Wasn't there a letter that said the DCT filter change *didn't* have to be done with the first engine oil change? Like most folks, I won't have 12k km in one year, so was hoping to get the DCT filter done with second free engine oil change
There might be, but I have a 2020 and I only got the 2 free oil changes. I seem to recall that, but you'll have to ask others. Search for it or create a new thread for it. Getting a free one done before the required first change does nothing as GM wants it done at the right time and not earlier or later. It will save you up to $800.00 to find that answer.