Realized increases were on the horizon (Nov 2019) ...
I was able to secure a late 2019 rate for 2020 by taking care of it in 2019 ...
not really sure how the industry actually works as it seems significant
insurance rate increases are invoiced as the New Year Ball drops in NYC.

I believe it is a matter of AB catching up with other Provinces ...
but now I see the other Provinces are still going to realize a double-digit 2020 hike too.

So paying for the year ahead, I changed my renewal date to January a few years ago with my insurance
renewal invoice being sent out late November with current rates and not upcoming year rates
(so I was lead to believe) ... perhaps to merely delay the inevitable.

Last edited:
You can negotiate with your insurance company costs are not carved in stone...a few years ago I did some comparison shopping with everything the same included the home and both vehicles....went to my then and current insurance guy with the other quote and said match it and he matched the other offer. From what he told me these prices are done via a computer program at the main office and yes you see the jump in your premium but they do have the ability to adjust to meet industry pricing kind of like when you walk into Home D, Cdn Tire, or Lowes and say hey this guy is offering this can you match it... and they do if it the same... and you save 10% for the match for them to keep your business.

Reactions: YFCvii
Its no wonder with all the crazy drivers out there and most are on their phones. We have to pay for them.

I just got my policy in the mail today and for my Harley it doubled from last year. WTF? I don't think I put 3,000 K's on it last year. No tickets and no claims ever. Never had an accident in 45 years that was my fault. Robbers. Guess we have to pay for all the idiots on the roads that don't know how to drive these days.

My C7 Z51 with a $15,000 add on for the mods, costs me $1200/yr., no tickets. 1M liability, 500 comp, 1000 collision deductible, basic accident benefits. I spent 23 years as a litigation analyst, specializing in high value litigation claims. The system created a monster that needs to be fed. Lawyers, medical, insurers, and customers all fighting to get or keep money. The government is the architect that tries to keep peace but it doesn't always work in the customers" favour, especially with lobby groups paying (donating) to support their cause. Who has the most money, the insurers.

Reactions: kerry4
I thought our government was going to cap or cut back insurance rates? They never lie do they? LOL>

• Haha
Reactions: tyho
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread