YFCvii

Power User
Beta
Oct 10, 2016
VetteCoins
Trying to pick up the nil-activity of late for threads in Alberta Section ... so lets check out AB only Dealership oem parts sourcing

For the past few years I pretty much only knew of one discounted gm oem parts source in Alberta for pick up and/or delivered. I know of many other owners who did the same. I am now finding other dealerships with online access and now with similar pricing. Starting this thread for posting online links to websites for gm parts with the local pick up option for saving on the additional shipping costs. If looking for a part, check a few sites and decide on your best pricing or more convenient option whether picked up or shipped to your door. This Alberta specific thread is not intended for advocating any particular dealership but rather for saving 💰💰💰. It will be my go-to thread for any oem gm part I need.

I will most likely be acquiring all my own oem gm parts before having them serviced/installed.
I am finding I get no price break at the point-of-service with parts. Especially on my daily drivers.

Last edited:
Discounted OEM online parts for pick up in Red Deer (with delivery options).
I believe this is the source that I have always been using … love a stop at the
donut mill when driving to pick up parts in red deer too. :thumbs:

Last edited:
Found this online source for local pickup in calgary with similar pricing to the red deer online source
but now with a saving on shipping cost as I live in the calgary area. :thumbs:

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: C SEVEN GS Bob
Because you cannot source for online delivery of oem GM fluids I found the best Alberta GM Dealer source for pricing fluids is by phoning the parts desk at Northgate Chev Buick GMC in Edmonton. As an example, this source saved me 35% on the purchase of C7 A-8 Mobil 1 transmission fluid. Yes. had to pick it up but I just waited until I was in the the area. Also purchased brake fluid and rear diff fluid while I was there. I could not source the Mobil 1 transmission fluid for the A8 C7 Corvette anywhere but at a GM Dealership (as high as in the mid $30's per litre) …
This year thinking of doing the same fluid change for the A-10 in my truck … which is a completely different Mobil-1 spec that I have to find out more about.

found a couple of online oem gm parts source websites with an Edmonton address but the discounts on my test parts were not as great and
pickup for one appears to be at a UPS Store ... so the hunt continues for a yeg online source with pick-up pricing closer to what we see in red deer.

Last edited:
Another option is print off Kipp Scott's usually best prices and try matching. I've been successful at Hodgson, Northgate and Lakewood locally here in YEG. Not a sure thing but doesn't hurt to try. Guess this would go for any dealers as they all order out of the same gm warehouses and get the same wholesale price . Boils down to profit margin they want to hold ......

Another option is print off Kipp Scott's usually best prices and try matching. I've been successful at Hodgson, Northgate and Lakewood locally here in YEG. Not a sure thing but doesn't hurt to try. Guess this would go for any dealers as they all order out of the same gm warehouses. Boils down to profit margin they want to hold ......
Yup 100% agreed that it is not a sure thing ... hence my with a couple of links above :thumbs:

Kudos for driving around for one-off at-the-desk price-matching ...
it's just that I rarely have time to waste and find that an
easy on-line reputable source with best-pricing works great.
Simple prepaid pick-up with maybe a bonus by using a
junk-mail coupon for an egger & coffee along the way. :angelic:

Northgate matching the online parts price is surprising and I am definitely happy that you shop there.
A stand-alone dealership I always refer people to (as you know) & straight-up for their best price.
I test them from time-to-time since they are my go-to place for OEM fluids, wheels & tires. :thumbs:

(sorry for all the edits ... doing this typing with a phone is the worst)

Last edited:
Took advantage of GM Dealership on-line GM Parts in Red Deer today...
Struts for my SUV - a notorious issue that I was hoping GM would recall
but it's come to a time that we cannot let it go any longer ...

Any who ...

Local Dealership here quoted me $365.82 each at the Parts Desk by Phone.
The Service advisor quoted the same parts price - which was just a diligence thing I do.
So $731.64 for parts before tax & installation costs ... ouch.

Went online to kippscott in red deer and bought my parts ...
$184.17 each for a total of $368.34 ... nice :thumbs:

Plenty of savings to offset and enjoy a nice day of driving to Red Deer,
let the Wife shop at a store or two, maybe have time to meet-up with a friend while there.
Sadly this won't be a Corvette trip ... as it remains in hibernation.

Reactions: OL Yeller
We have bought two XT5's with Kipp Scott in Red Deer. Their sales and service have been excellent!! Glad they could help you!
Yes 👍🏻 … however “virtually” (online).
They do not match on-line parts pricing at the counter - so I was told.
I get to do the in-person (which I like) for pick-up in lieu of adding $38 for shipping. 🙂👍🏻

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.