Dugger

Casual User
May 4, 2019
VetteCoins
Car
2019 C7
Province
ON
Just a quick question , how much do you pay for an oil change at a dealer ? The reason I ask is I was quoted around $240.00. Seems a tad high. This is for my 2019 1 LT. C7. Thank You. Doug...

Just a quick question , how much do you pay for an oil change at a dealer ? The reason I ask is I was quoted around $240.00. Seems a tad high. This is for my 2019 1 LT. C7. Thank You. Doug...
Seems a touch high for non dry sump car. 6 litres of oil @ $20 = $120. $15 for filter = $135. So they are nailing you for $100 for labour.

Lots of guys here have figured out different ways of cutting oil change costs. Some guys even have a deal with their dealership where they bring their own oil and filter and for a fixed fee the dealer will do the change.

I do my own. Done right done cheap. Cheap and right....lol... a scotsman’s dream right there.

easy to do if u can get it lifted . canadian tire had the oil on sale last month filter napa done 70.00 plus your time
and if buddy comes over some beers then pizza more beers. well the 240 might not be that bad lol :Cheers2:

• Haha
Reactions: rs2.bull
Lots of guys here have figured out different ways of cutting oil change costs. Some guys even have a deal with their dealership where they bring their own oil and filter and for a fixed fee the dealer will do the change.

I do my own. Done right done cheap. Cheap and right....lol... a scotsman’s dream right there.
Thank You !

Hi...didn't you get the 2 years of free oil changes from GM? I picked up my 2019 C7 last August, so still free up to that time next year. I'm taking mine in shortly for the 2nd one...could get 2 more but probably just get a 3rd and final one just before the expiry date of the offer. The dealers here charge $25/L for the mandated oil. Everything I've read in this & the US Corvette Forum suggests that we shouldn't switch to the similar but not quite within specs Mobil 1 variation that you can get at Can Tire for a fraction of the price. When the 5 year powertrain warranty is up I'll bring the C7 to my trusted indie mechanic, and if he's OK with switching oils, then I'll go for it at that point.

Last time I had the oil changed by the dealer it was $190.90 with taxes. Labour was $23.45 (1/2hr)
$18.32 per litre for 7 litres. Engine capacity is 6.6L
Went and bought on special at CT and have done my own since. Take a picture of the odo in case of warranty.
Buy the filter from GM @ $13.30 this year - with taxes
You should get up to four "free" oil changes with the purchase unless GM changed their policy. And then some dealers want to charge extra for the Mobil 1. Mine tried that.
Seems like they are diligently working to drive their customers elsewhere.
After the $190 oil change I did ask if i could bring my own oil and they agreed. So that might be another option if you are not comfortable doing it yourself. You would save approx $80 on the cost of the oil.

Thank You !

Last time I had the oil changed by the dealer it was $190.90 with taxes. Labour was $23.45 (1/2hr)
Went and bought on special at CT and have done my own since. Take a picture of the odo in case of warranty.
You should get up to four "free" oil changes with the purchase unless GM changed their policy. And then some dealers want to charge extra for the Mobil 1. Mine tried that.
After the $190 oil change I did ask if i could bring my own oil and they agreed. So that might be another option if you are not comfortable doing it yourself. You would save approx $80 on the cost of the oil.
Thank You !

Thank You ! Much appreciated !

Thank You !

Thank You !

Hi...didn't you get the 2 years of free oil changes from GM? I picked up my 2019 C7 last August, so still free up to that time next year. I'm taking mine in shortly for the 2nd one...could get 2 more but probably just get a 3rd and final one just before the expiry date of the offer. The dealers here charge $25/L for the mandated oil. Everything I've read in this & the US Corvette Forum suggests that we shouldn't switch to the similar but not quite within specs Mobil 1 variation that you can get at Can Tire for a fraction of the price. When the 5 year powertrain warranty is up I'll bring the C7 to my trusted indie mechanic, and if he's OK with switching oils, then I'll go for it at that point.
Yes , I did get the 4 free changes. My next , I pay for. I just asked for a quote. Lots of great advice from everyone on here I appreciate it. Thank You all. Drive Safe ! Doug...

Thank You !

I just had the oil changed at my favorite dealership and the cost was about $250.00. This is a 2019 C7 Z51 (dry sump) so it takes 9.2 liters of oil. Just a towel bath in the garage this weekend then it will probably be parked for the winter!

:Cheers2:

I just had the oil changed at my favorite dealership and the cost was about $250.00. This is a 2019 C7 Z51 (dry sump) so it takes 9.2 liters of oil. Just a towel bath in the garage this weekend then it will probably be parked for the winter!

:Cheers2:
Thank You !

Do charges me 35 if I bring the,oil and buy the filter from the

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.