Oil changes are the most basic regular maintenance thing that needs to done on a regular basis. It's almost like humans using the restroom. I wouldn't think of not changing oil at least once a year or more based on km/mi driven. If it's to save money, it can be done by yourself for less than $100 or at a dealer/shop for a couple hundred. The car is worth many tens of thousands. Basic maintenance is a must. If it's a 2011 have you changed out the original tires? Could be dangerous if not no matter how much tread on them.

Reactions: guygeo
It is your Corvette and ultimately your choice and perhaps a good question to ask for your peace of mind.

On resale, many buyers love the fact that there is providence for regular maintenance
and that is not just the Seller's word-of-mouth.
Even Dealerships can say ... "this car was well cared for ...".
It's the view that others have that can make the difference for just letting an oil change go.
I found, If done at a Dealership, the car VIN reports will show it.
Noticeable and solidified the selling of two "used" Corvettes that I have helped with so far.
Amazing how a benefit of "big brother" watching ... can help both a Seller & Buyer.

I just insured an older vehicle this month and my insurance company pulled the VIN report and
was able to cover me without an "older vehicle road worthy report". They said "OK vehicle has
regular maintenance, send us the last receipt for us to review inspection notes". Done :thumbs:

Yes. Congrats on doing the right thing. Proper maintenance especially oil changes and tires are what I would consider need to do. It's a Corvette not a 20 year old Corolla.
Tires are good however 10 Yrs old ordered new ones , Michelin sports I will keep old ones for emergencies if required.
Too cold today in PEI for ride

What if I don’t do an oil changes this year. Car has 8000 km with mobile one oil synthetic. Your thoughts.
Last because of lockdowns an all that go with it I only put about 600 k on my 2010 GS, 6spd so that dry sump oiling system takes a lot. I take mine to the GMC dealer for the oil change. Not cheap but peace of mind. I do an oil change every fall just before the car is put up for the winter. Stored in a heated (70+) garage with my 08 Pontiac GXP, it gets the same oil change regime. My daily driver trucks see twice yearly changes

Oil absorbs moisture whether you drive it or not, and while the molecular uniformity of synthetic may do a better job at resisting moisture, it still gets in after a while which is at least part of the reason for the 6 month time interval on conventional and 1 year time interval on synthetic. Some might say a good long drive will get the oil up to enough temperature to burn off moisture from sitting or shorter drives, but combustion contaminants get in the oil whether you drive a small amount or a lot. The additive package is designed to hold those contaminants in such a way that they don't harm the engine or break down the oil, the contaminants are corrosive to engine internals and the additive package breaks down over time.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.