not2melo

High RPM Poster
Feb 8, 2009
Greg in Toronto/Gtown
VetteCoins
Car
1999 C5 Z51
You just have to love the UPS guy when he shows up with some packages for you its just like Christmas again.

Package Arrived!
packagew.jpg

You open it up and find all kinds of new stuff packed in the box's like a set of these for
a little more valvetrain stability and will also handle a much larger cam in the future :D

Jesel 1.7's
jesels17.jpg

But if you go with those they will not fit under the stock valve covers so you have to use
a set of spacers, or you can add a little bling under the hood with a few additional mods.

New Katech Covers, Nice Bling
katechcovers.jpg

Well with the new covers the old coils are a no go and need to be a bit more fancy so add a
a set of these with a new wire harness.

Round Coils, Katech Relocation Kit and Wire Harness
roundcoils.jpg

And now the spark plug wires need to be a bit longer so a set of MSD longer wires will
do the trick.

Longer MSD Wires
msdwires.jpg

Adding in a Thunder Racing LS1 to LS6 PVC mod kit to help reduce the oil pass ingestion on our cars.

s613_large.jpg

I will paint the coils over the winter, maybe Nassau blue to match the car.
Also wanted to finish the interior of the car so had Matt at Vette Essential make
me a Oak/Black wheel to finish off the inside of the car.

Custon Vette Essential Wheel
vetteessentials.jpg

Manny and Rob will have a little bit of work ahead of them in a short time.
Looking forward to a new dyno tune by Kevin also when we get everything complete.

Just a few more little mods..... :) Think I saw you today at the GTOWN market this morning. Love the wheel going to look great....

I have not made up my mind yet maybe VRX5?
Still have to do some reading maybe next spring have to do some more cosmetic mods on the engine, carbon fiber, and some painted covers and something for the underside of the hood

Read this... I love mine. Lol. Wouldn't go back to anything else. Just the right amount of lope and great overall driveability!!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.