Ok 👌 within a foot or so,

made a few hundred bucks off of bets as to how close I could come

Never ruined a rim but came darn close upon occasion

trained in a supermarket parking lot with permission of RCMP with traffic cones , they used to watch sometimes

had to get permission each time but learned a lot with one set of tires

Only got one stunting ticket in front of my sister apartment between 2 cars from a extra cop for rodeo weekend from the big city

He measured it and the total distance from my bumpers to the cars in front and back was under 6.5 feet,

I bet him double or nothin but he calmly said there was room in the jails if I wanted to visit
I politely declined

Still fun though

Great video! Great stories and what a way to help boost the morning. Arm just feels like it is on fire, hives on my left hand (only) and my lips like OJ was using them for practice.

4th day of showers and rain. I was able to get out twice including last night when I was able to verify finally that the Alky Control was functioning. Stay in 4th gear long enough and give it the extra few seconds it needs and indeed red goes to green. Happy! The run last night was very good actually, 12 above and God only knows that it seems LS7's like it when it is 20 above of cooler.

As far as my first burnout, you'll recall the deal was when I was cancer free two years ago when tumor #1 was originally tested and removed, which hasn't happened again just yet..............but I've got a set of tires waiting for that celebration let me tell ya all! Small price to pay to make that moment.

Life with the car is a case of still getting used to it. I mean love the sound, love the shake but the idle is still taking some getting used to. Sometimes downshifting into 1st at a stop and the car settles right at 700 rpm. Other times it will fluctuate between 2 and 900 rpm. Sometimes it will send up stalling, out of gear at a stop light (well stop sign, no stop lights in Fairview actually).

I'm not sure what to do to either make this happen or to prevent it from happening. I can't predict it ahead of time either.

Either way, what do I know? The car just runs and sounds like a dream. Hellcats just scatter like preverbal scalded cats. There are at least three in town and yet I can never find one on the road when I am out yet. Just for some friendly pulls right?

I love to start the car and pull it onto the driveway to let it warm up, all the rumbling and shaking going on, best investment ever!!

Still showering...................

Last edited:
Nice story, and glad you got what you wanted , more power and the great sound that only a cam gives you. I almost got a C6 Z06 the same color as yours thinking my last car will be a 2018 Yellow Tintcoat. I wish you well in your recovery with the terrible disease which is Cancer. Keep strong Garry! Cheers!

Morning laughter, could there be any better medicine?!

Went to the farm yesterday to see my dad for Father's Day. I was taking a nap and my son and dad were playing hangman and laughing so much together I went back to sleep to let it continue. I got a card that my son made for me as well. Just a sheet of paper but with some very deep and sensitive words on it. He wrote it in pencil and I had him trace it in ink so it will not fade over time. Optimism I suppose?

No Z06 rides yesterday but the weather looks great for today and so I expect to be out to keep practicing my new driving style. Any excuse right?!

Reactions: ddgermann
Love the story! Love the sound! Super awesome Garry! The idle shake is something else. I'm looking forward to hearing your first Hellcat story. :D
I have a friend with a naturally aspirated 2003 Z06 making around 600hp. If he doesn't warm it up, it'll stall sitting at a light, or stop sign. It'll hunt for an idle sometimes as well and hates lopping along in 6th gear on the highway. It's just the nature of the beast having a cammed up monster.....but it sounds so good. Totally worth having the cam......

To be true Riley. If you were not willing to put up with these things then you don't go down that road. All part of the non-stick camshaft experience I guess.

Wow feeling bitchy right now. Went if for blood work, one for INR number for Warfarin and the other for my Thursday PEMBRO treatment. The clinic in GP was suppose to have faxed the hospital here in Fairview the request last week. I go in and neither the receptionist nor the lab people can find it. They find one for PEMBRO from December though and I figure it should be the same. What an idiot I must have been! So now I'm wondering whose incompetency is responsible for me having to take time out of my day tomorrow and to get another needle in my arm (honestly few things I HATE more than needles!). GP called and confirmed that the request was faxed on the 14th too.

Goes great with my new outbreak of hives on my left hand and canker sores the worst I've yet had in my life. Thankfully the inability to eat is helping me lose weight and helping me to justify strawberry milkshakes on demand!

HOT here, +29, +31 and +32 the next two days forecast as well. NOT Z06 weather as they seem to hate when it is this hot.

Currently trying to figure out why my drone won't work. Batteries all seem to be good, the screen comes on for a second and then goes back to the normal Windows screen. Going to look for firm and software upgrades and see where that takes me............

Cheers,

Garry

28.5 inside the house last night. I wonder if they'd take a camshaft on trade for an AC unit for the house? Just kidding of course! Still 30 or higher the next three days.

Calmer this morning though still not happy about having to go back to the lab for another needle. Life.

I think I was able to get the drone working. Deleted the firmware, loaded the newest version and was able to launch it twice and fly it. Something odd with the camera as the image appears really washed out but that be be a simple camera setting issue. I hope to fly it lots today, sit inside the garage where it is shaded and cool and fly it around the neighbourhood. Happy there is hope anyway. I never should have stopped flying it when the new laws were proposed.

Scheduled for my meet and greet with the surgeon in Edmonton who will removed the largest and hopefully second largest tumors on Monday. Just got the call yesterday so I was surprised he can meet me that soon. With luck the surgery itself will follow as quickly. Not going to save my life per se but a massive improvement in quality of living. With luck they won't grow back as they did the three previous surgeries when they excised tumors.

Otherwise feeling happier.

Cheers,

Garry

Glad today is looking up for you Garry. That must have been very frustrating dealing with clinic in GP. I hate needles as well, my wife can take needles like no one else I know. When having our second son, they tried 8 times to get a vein before calling in the anesthesiologist and by that time, I think she hit her limit. I think if that was me, after the third attempt, I would have just told them to stab it in the side of my neck. :D
How old is your drone? Would you be able to set it up to follow you in the Z06? That would make for a cool video!
Anyway, here's hoping the canker sore goes away. Those suck. And while it's on it's way out, all your tumors could just take a hike too. Thoughts and prayers are continued for success with the surgery!

Riley, Paul,

8 times to get the needle in? Here they get two tries and then have to call someone else in to try. Geeze if I had the same person trying 8 times and failing I think I'd be walking out of there pronto. I know everyone has an off day but I am no ones pincushion! Thankfully I was in better humor when i went this morning.

Flew the drone again, got the image whiteness straightened out so I can see what the drone sees. Now oddly, you'd have thought that would help me from my first drone crash this morning wouldn't you? Still not sure what happened, I was hovering and descending in front of my driveway and I must have mis-cued a joystick direction, I backed into the tree. I turned it off right away although it does have sensors on the motors that will shut down if they can't turn. Went into the basement and got my extending pole and went over to the tree. One of the four rotors was hanging over a branch. Gave it a lift to free it and missed catching it on the way down! Thankfully only 1- to 12 feet to the grass. Bounced a bit. Brought it back to the driveway and launched it and all seems fine. I even flew down the street as my son was coming home from school for lunch and followed him back afterweard. I don't think he found this as funny as I did.

Took the Z06 out for a drive this morning. Went to UFA to get some methanol - two jugs! I'm thinking optimistically here guys! Anyway the lady who works there lives close to me and she said "Oh I see you have your Corvette out today". She said that whenever her son hears me start it up he races to the living room window to see it - sort of a nice feeling!

Going to try windshield crack filling in a few minutes. Picked one up when I was with Jeff back in April. It hasn't spread and it was 600 km into a brand new windshield so I figured I should try getting it filled and see what happens.

I'd like to take some drone videos of the Z06 but I'm not sure who could fly the drone or drive the car with the camshaft now! Plus the drone only does 50 km/hr!! Buy I've thought about doing it as I've seen Z06's from higher up always look just gorgeous to my eye.................

Canker sores are healing but not much fun. I often wonder what this mass would feel like it if wasn't for the pain meds I'm taking for my arm. When I put some ointment on them I sometimes shake it stings so bad! But it is helping for sure so it is worth putting up with. On the other hand it is the only way I can justify so many strawberry milkshakes so I'm sort of in a pickle here.............

Cheers,

Garry

Further thoughts on a cam'ed car.

It seems to be of two personalities. No doubt warming it up pays off. And honestly I can think of no better time spent at 0 mph than in the car as it shakes from side to side. With apologies, but this must be sort of what they had in mind when they say "bucking like a farm girl". I usually wait for the water temp to just come up to 120 and off I go. Still letting it warm up in 1st gear.

It seems most unpredictable when shifting into neutral and coming to a stop light/sign. Sometimes bango right away it will settle at 7 to 800 rpm. Other times it will surge from 3 to 800 rpm. It is at this stage when it can stall. I've found that I am using a coasting technique now when coming to a stop. Shift into neutral and listen to the engine and be prepared to blip the throttle two or three times until it settles. But I have yet to be able to gauge beforehand which way it is going to behave.

This is just, for me, a case of getting to know life with a new camshaft.

If I ever have any doubts about having had it done (none yet) it would go away while approaching 6K rpm in 3rd or 4th - it just pulls insane-like! I remember reading that Carroll Shelby used to tape a $100 bill on the dash of a 427 Cobra roadster. The passenger could keep it if he could reach forward and grab it before he hit 60 mph (I think this is the story anyway). I'll be ya if I could get a $1000 bill from the Royal Canadian Mint I could do the same thing and never sweat losing it to someone!!!!!!!!

Happily rumbling along.........

Garry

It’s very Heartfelt
remembering much
more than the meaning
behind this seat 😢
FB2C683E-F973-4FD7-ACF6-F59DFF9D9BE3.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.