they keep getting more ugly every year, don't even sound like a car, ugly wheels, and did that wing come from Canadian Tire ? sorry guys, just not something that I would stop and look at or care to go for a ride in.....:Shrug2:.....

• Haha
Reactions: ddgermann
they keep getting more ugly every year, don't even sound like a car, ugly wheels, and did that wing come from Canadian Tire ? sorry guys, just not something that I would stop and look at or care to go for a ride in.....:Shrug2:.....

For sure Michael Makes total sense. Who would want reliable epic performance and handling all surrounded in amazing luxury, sound system and comfort?

Totally get where you are coming from... :thumbs::Biggrin:

You kill me man. :rofl:

Keep it coming.

• Haha
Reactions: Rruuff Day
I must raise a few eyebrows with my view of the new cars.....:facepalm:......, someone on here has to be a critic once in awhile !!! I don't see the car like you guys do. I don't care about a sound system, don't even know how to turn it on in the 93 I just bought. Speed means nothing , as long as it can go the speed limit and pass something if needed is good for me. A steering wheel should be round not cut off at the bottom...reminds me of a old dodge. There are graders for maintaining the roads, the front spoiler should not be used for that.....as I don't live in the city or have access to nice highways like most of you. A friend just bought a 2002 I think it is, sorry is he cause he couldn't get it home, had to trailer it and then it still scraped into and out of the trailer....so what good is it ? The white led tail lights I see in that car up top reminds me of stuff for sale in Princess Auto.....no color contrast in back with the white lens. The wing is funny, really funny. Ugly wheels, should be chrome to give some contrast, I love yellow and black but it needs chrome or stainless to give contrast to show detail ( see my hotrod below in the trailer ). My C4 is suppose to be a step up from my C3, well is the opposite in everything except the flip front gives easier access to the engine bay if needed, so I only am guessing every gen after is another step down as they are more complicated, less attractive and way overpriced. My C3 anyone sees it they know it is a Corvette, I only drove my C4 twice and anyone who seen it said, nice color, when did you pickup the Camaro ? There is a pic in another thread I seen of that shifter thing ( forget the correct name for it ) on the steering wheel , well that is ugly. The new gens lean to look like the european cars which I never liked any of them. Yes I'm old school, look at a car and can say what year or model it is by just seeing the tail lights or grill, this newer stuff all looks the same like my Camaro, oops !
Yes I'm sure the new cars have alot of power, more gizzmoe's , handle better , but just don't appeal to me at all with the way they look or sound. GM did build a Vette concept car, 2009 I think it was ( silver ) what I think should of what the new gen should of looked like. It had the look of the split window and neat body lines and nice chrome wheels and looked like what a future Corvette should be , but instead they made this unproportioned thing with the motor behind the seat. Oh well, I'll keep my old machines tuned myself and licenced for $130 a year ( the hotrod is only $ 65 ), and let someone else keep GM dealers happy !! , oh speaking of dealers have to tell this just happened to someone I know, the block heater cord cracked and kicked on that service light on the dash, it's one of those stupid thermo things, GM told her $200 to just cancel the light after parts and labor.......and you guys wanna drive stuff like this ? Sorry I derailed the thread , feel free to move or delete.

IM001475.JPG

IM001471.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: ddgermann
I must raise a few eyebrows with my view of the new cars.....:facepalm:......, someone on here has to be a critic once in awhile !!! I don't see the car like you guys do. I don't care about a sound system, don't even know how to turn it on in the 93 I just bought. Speed means nothing , as long as it can go the speed limit and pass something if needed is good for me. A steering wheel should be round not cut off at the bottom...reminds me of a old dodge. There are graders for maintaining the roads, the front spoiler should not be used for that.....as I don't live in the city or have access to nice highways like most of you. A friend just bought a 2002 I think it is, sorry is he cause he couldn't get it home, had to trailer it and then it still scraped into and out of the trailer....so what good is it ? The white led tail lights I see in that car up top reminds me of stuff for sale in Princess Auto.....no color contrast in back with the white lens. The wing is funny, really funny. Ugly wheels, should be chrome to give some contrast, I love yellow and black but it needs chrome or stainless to give contrast to show detail ( see my hotrod below in the trailer ). My C4 is suppose to be a step up from my C3, well is the opposite in everything except the flip front gives easier access to the engine bay if needed, so I only am guessing every gen after is another step down as they are more complicated, less attractive and way overpriced. My C3 anyone sees it they know it is a Corvette, I only drove my C4 twice and anyone who seen it said, nice color, when did you pickup the Camaro ? There is a pic in another thread I seen of that shifter thing ( forget the correct name for it ) on the steering wheel , well that is ugly. The new gens lean to look like the european cars which I never liked any of them. Yes I'm old school, look at a car and can say what year or model it is by just seeing the tail lights or grill, this newer stuff all looks the same like my Camaro, oops !
Yes I'm sure the new cars have alot of power, more gizzmoe's , handle better , but just don't appeal to me at all with the way they look or sound. GM did build a Vette concept car, 2009 I think it was ( silver ) what I think should of what the new gen should of looked like. It had the look of the split window and neat body lines and nice chrome wheels and looked like what a future Corvette should be , but instead they made this unproportioned thing with the motor behind the seat. Oh well, I'll keep my old machines tuned myself and licenced for $130 a year ( the hotrod is only $ 65 ), and let someone else keep GM dealers happy !! , oh speaking of dealers have to tell this just happened to someone I know, the block heater cord cracked and kicked on that service light on the dash, it's one of those stupid thermo things, GM told her $200 to just cancel the light after parts and labor.......and you guy wanna drive stuff like this ? Sorry I derailed the thread , feel free to move or

Naw Michael. No raised eyebrows anymore. The last 4...oops, 5 generations of Corvette just don't ring any bells for you. Makes for interesting chatter too! :thumbs:

Yes I'm sure the new cars have alot of power, more gizzmoe's , handle better , but just don't appeal to me at all with the way they look or sound. GM did build a Vette concept car, 2009 I think it was ( silver ) what I think should of what the new gen should of looked like. It had the look of the split window and neat body lines and nice chrome wheels and looked like what a future Corvette should be , but instead they made this unproportioned thing with the motor behind the seat. Oh well, I'll keep my old machines tuned myself and licenced for $130 a year ( the hotrod is only $ 65 ), and let someone else keep GM dealers happy !! , oh speaking of dealers have to tell this just happened to someone I know, the block heater cord cracked and kicked on that service light on the dash, it's one of those stupid thermo things, GM told her $200 to just cancel the light after parts and labor.......and you guy wanna drive stuff like this ? Sorry I derailed the thread , feel free to move or delete.

View attachment 23794
View attachment 23795

Well, Michael, your appreciation of the old school tech and performance is definitely noteworthy and respected. Your venom against the new cars is noted and also respected. However many love the new reliability and amazing engineering that has gone into the latest vintages of Corvette. There are many who could talk a great deal of smack on the garbage that was produced in the 70s in all cars; not only Corvette that left owners standing on the road. Although I admit it took far less to get these cars moving again. However, the breakdowns of the 70s just do not happen anymore.
You may be old school but I was around too and I am pleased that modern cars do not leave me on the side of the road... ever.
Your visual disdain for the modern Corvette is simply your own taste. Which is well respected. Hell, the C1, C2, C3 are cars that I love to see every chance I get. You're right on the mark there. However... we love the look of our C7s too.
Life is all about preference and choices... we all have them. Some are about budget and others are purely about what makes wood.
Please keep bashing the amazing cars you despise so much. I would love to wedge you into my Z and see your face as the thing scares the hell out of you while in amazing airconditioned comfort.

Oh nevermind... it has a manual. Maybe someone with an Auto could stand in for me here.

Don't stop Xfire your experience is gold here I really enjoy your projects and appreciate your awesome knowledge with the classics.

Only ford and dodge broke down back then !! , I honestly never had my chevy let me down in all the years I been on the road except twice and it was partly my fault. Had to be 20 years ago or more I was playing old timer provincial baseball, had a tournament in southern saskatchewan and naturally I drove my 58 Impala. Not far outta Regina temp started climbing so I pull over and here it is leaking antifreeze. Hmmm, water pump is leaking. No big deal, I have a pump and everything in the trunk. Didn't take long I changed the pump and kept going. But this happened to me prior on a trip to Warner Alta thinking then it was just old age on the pump. The problem was I had put a/c in the car, drove the big compressor off the crank/water pump. Too much tension on the pump and it took out the bearing. I remodeled it later bypassing the water pump and never had a problem since. Runs on R12 and can hang a side of beef in the car and keep cold.
The 200 horses in my C3 is scarey enough, ddgermann you would have no problem giving me a heart attack if went for a ride in that new buggy , maybe would need plastic on the seat too !!
Well I will try and say something positive about new Vettes. Found pics of a 2012 concept car. Now this says Buck Rogers Corvette modern day with a touch of it's roots. There is style shown here, very nice wheels that shine and compliment the body color, the classic split window tribute , has red tail lights ..:Biggrin:.., it looks like a corvette of old only hotrodded to modern day tech. Maybe no headroom in it but good for underground parking lots. Now if they went with this design instead of the C8 then I think they would sell a whole lot more new cars, as I predict the C8 will be a flop in sales and be a problem car.

50th-anniversary-chevrolet-corvette-stingray-concept-new-photos-12681_2.jpg

Corvette Concept2016.jpg

Reactions: LE BARON
Only ford and dodge broke down back then !! , I honestly never had my chevy let me down in all the years I been on the road except twice and it was partly my fault. Had to be 20 years ago or more I was playing old timer provincial baseball, had a tournament in southern saskatchewan and naturally I drove my 58 Impala. Not far outta Regina temp started climbing so I pull over and here it is leaking antifreeze. Hmmm, water pump is leaking. No big deal, I have a pump and everything in the trunk. Didn't take long I changed the pump and kept going. But this happened to me prior on a trip to Warner Alta thinking then it was just old age on the pump. The problem was I had put a/c in the car, drove the big compressor off the crank/water pump. Too much tension on the pump and it took out the bearing. I remodeled it later bypassing the water pump and never had a problem since. Runs on R12 and can hang a side of beef in the car and keep cold.
The 200 horses in my C3 is scarey enough, ddgermann you would have no problem giving me a heart attack if went for a ride in that new buggy , maybe would need plastic on the seat too !!
Well I will try and say something positive about new Vettes. Found pics of a 2012 concept car. Now this says Buck Rogers Corvette modern day with a touch of it's roots. There is style shown here, very nice wheels that shine and compliment the body color, the classic split window tribute , has red tail lights ..:Biggrin:.., it looks like a corvette of old only hotrodded to modern day tech. Maybe no headroom in it but good for underground parking lots. Now if they went with this design instead of the C8 then I think they would sell a whole lot more new cars, as I predict the C8 will be a flop in sales and be a problem car.

View attachment 23796
View attachment 23797

Well, that is a sweet looking car and we would have been blessed to get the chance to drive that archaic buggy. Your slag on Ford and Dodge is laughable at best. The stuff made by all of them; including GM was all junk by today's standards. Funny you don't acknowledge the crap front ends the GM pick-ups had back then. Oh, maybe they should have kept them just the way as they were.? Hmmm no, they improved them and guess what... they are as good as Ford and Dodge now. If not better.

I'll keep my luxurious, reliable 650 drivable HP in my awesome C7 and wave to you with a genuine smile every time I see you, Michael.
Which I hope is this summer
You are one of the best posters here.

Well, that is a sweet looking car and we would have been blessed to get the chance to drive that archaic buggy. Your slag on Ford and Dodge is laughable at best. The stuff made by all of them; including GM was all junk by today's standards. Funny you don't acknowledge the crap front ends the GM pick-ups had back then. Oh, maybe they should have kept them just the way as they were.? Hmmm no, they improved them and guess what... they are as good as Ford and Dodge now. If not better.

I'll keep my luxurious, reliable 650 drivable HP in my awesome C7 and wave to you with a genuine smile every time I see you, Michael.
Which I hope is this summer
You are one of the best posters here.
....you lost me on the bad GM truck front ends ? what years are you referring too ? the king pin era ? bought my 76 454 GMC new and drove it and worked it hard, still has original ball joints, rotors , changed pads once , alignment is still perfect , steers and handles great , I think it has around 200 k miles on the speedo ( not km ) . I thought they were basically trouble free 73-87 style. My diesel buddy that has the shop down the road comes here for test runs, he curses every dodge and ford truck and doesn't know how guys keep them on the road as they wander all over. I guess that is another topic, better quit before I get banned here....:Beatdeadhorse:

Hey XFire;
Great posts on your tastes in car styles. We all have our own kinks and preferences. As far as I am concerned, all Corvettes look great.
I finally got to get my dream car in 2016. No complaints from me. I thought I would have sore buns going to MITM last year. Didn't happen. I'll ride with you anytime and enjoy both your car and your company.
You have great colour taste for your rod as well.

View attachment 23797

Interesting. JMO but looks to me that the C7 and this concept share a few body design ideas. Especially front end look...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.