Hey Colin, Brian's paper clip trick is so easy to do. If I can do it anyone can :)
it only takes 2 minutes and you have your code.

May the force be with you young Skywalker!!

Keep in mind , even though I now know how to get the codes I am still trying to figure out how to resolve them:):)...it is a work in progress but I am enjoying it!

Pretty simple, if and when your "service engine soon" light comes on in the car, take a paperclip, form it into the shape of a U and Jump the connectors.
below is a link Brian sent me that depending on the year, it tells you what 2 inlets to jump and how to read the codes.

C4 Corvette Diagnostic Code Recovery Techniques

If the light comes on and you get stuck let me know.

You have ODB1 Colin.... My Autoxray scanner reads both ODB1 and II :)

Paper clip trick will do. Thats what I used to do back in the day for my 88 IROC before I bought the Auto Xray in the mid 90`s

Last edited:
Pretty simple, if and when your "service engine soon" light comes on in the car, take a paperclip, form it into the shape of a U and Jump the connectors.
below is a link Brian sent me that depending on the year, it tells you what 2 inlets to jump and how to read the codes.

C4 Corvette Diagnostic Code Recovery Techniques

If the light comes on and you get stuck let me know.

Thanks Ranman -- I"ve bookmarked the sight for future use. It does seem easy to recover codes.

C.

You have ODB1 Colin.... My Autoxray scanner reads both ODB1 and II :)

Paper clip trick will do. Thats what I used to do back in the day for my 88 IROC before I bought the Auto Xray in the mid 90`s

Thanks Peter -- The paper clip method seems easy enough.
I did have an OBD 1 scanner that I sold some years ago since I thought I'd not need it any more. It would have been handy for resetting codes if needed.

I'll look around for another one. There are bound to be some second hand ones out there.

Colin.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for at least 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread