Nov 12, 2009
New Brunswick
VetteCoins
Car
2006 C6
My car licence plate is officially expired as of today :(
The car was washed, waxed and tucked under it's blanket yesterday.

I have a list of things to do to it over the winter:
1) replace brake pads
2) replace sway bar end links
3) finish the interior soundproofing
4) Remove some of the paint swirls I saw yesterday while wiping down the car :eek:

Here is a pic of my baby in bed :D
Hibernationsm_zps96a1fea6.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
Looks ready for a long winter nap. Maybe spring will come early.

How do you like your flooring? Looks nice. How has it stood up and can you use your jack and jack stands on it?

Nice looking garage.

Unfortunately, even if spring does come early, I have to wait until April 1 to get a new plate.
We have optional seasonal plates for sports cars, which lets us run without a front plate. Most of vette owners around the province go this route, although some older vettes look Ok with a front plate, but a C6 does not IMO.
The plate is good from April 1-Oct 31 of each year.
area-z51-albums-my-z51-picture317-areaz51a.jpg
[/IMG]

Thanks for the garage compliments. The race deck flooring has stood up really well. The white tiles are hard to keep clean, so if I were to do it over again, I would of went with black/gray tiles.

As far as using a jack, not an issue with the wheels.
Jack stands are another issue. I use 1/4" vinyl slabs to put under the jack stands so they won't cut into the tiles.
I learned that the hard way. The jack stand corners cut in to the tile.
Luckily I had spare tiles, so I replaced the 4 that I had damaged.

:driving:

Last edited:
Can I ask how you got the C6 logo on the flooring. Was it from Race deck or installed after.

Using a large photo copy of the logo and tracing paper, I traced the logo on the floor. I used White, Red, Gold and Black Tremclad paint to color in the logo. Once the paint dried, I taped off the surrounding tiles, and clear coated the logo. It has stood the test of time going on 4 years.

Very clean garage, I'd also like to hear about your floor.

14 day forceast looks good, cool but a lot of sunny days, I'm hoping the end of the month is possible. No rush at all to end the excitement.

I'm with you Wayne .. Hoping to be driving into Dec. :agree:

And yes , what a nice clean garage, mine looks like it could be on that TV show ..hoarders !

Car has been in storage since Nov1. Expecting first snow storm on Sunday Dec 15. :(

Have been busy with my projects:
Removed interior- insulated for sound and heat - completed and interior re-installed
Installed a new seat kit for drivers seat - completed
Brake Pads change - completed
Sway bar end links change - completed
Calipers Painted - completed
Front bumper removed, headlights removed- completed
Headlight lenses removed - completed
Headlight bezels out for Black Paint - In Progress

Merry Christmas everyone :canada:

Car has been in storage since Nov1. Expecting first snow storm on Sunday Dec 15. :(

Have been busy with my projects:
Removed interior- insulated for sound and heat - completed and interior re-installed
Installed a new seat kit for drivers seat - completed
Brake Pads change - completed
Sway bar end links change - completed
Calipers Painted - completed
Front bumper removed, headlights removed- completed
Headlight lenses removed - completed
Headlight bezels out for Black Paint - In Progress

Merry Christmas everyone :canada:

I live in N.B. as well, and have thought about a seasonal lience plate. I didnt want to have to stop driving on Nov 1st seeing somtimes its quite awhile after that before we get any bad weather. So i take my chances with just the 1 regular plate on the back. :D

I live in N.B. as well, and have thought about a seasonal lience plate. I didnt want to have to stop driving on Nov 1st seeing somtimes its quite awhile after that before we get any bad weather. So i take my chances with just the 1 regular plate on the back. :D

Yes, we can usually get through November without any snow, but I live in the valley, and they frequently have road side checks around here. The first thing they check for is the safety sticker, then the front plate.
At one of the road side checks by the RCMP, he had me pull over because he saw no front plate. The younger officer had to tell the other guy that I was legal because of the seasonal.
I know in the city, they don't really care, but that's not the case in the valley.
Most everyone that runs a sport car in the valley have the seasonal plate.
I bite the bullet and put mine away on Nov 1.
It gives me an early start on any winter mods I might have planned.
Do you belong to Corvettes of Southern New Brunswick?

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread